Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Anniversary!!!

Today is my wonderful parents 25th wedding anniversary! Before they were married they were together for about 10 years, totalling about 35 years! That is something to be so proud of in this day and age where people can hardly stay together for 35 months. Nate and I are so thankful for the great example they have been of a loving, giving, unselfish marriage that they've shown us. My parents have never been afraid to kiss, flirt, laugh and compliment each other in front of us. They have been careful to keep arguments behind closed doors. I'm so blessed for the wonderful parents God has placed in my life! I love you both so much!
A couple pictures from the past few years....
We were on vacation and everyone got sick! It was horrible! This is a funny picture to us because it brings back so many memories of staying in such a gorgeous vacation home and everyone puking their guts out. :)
On the beautiful ocean on vacation in Florida


Both of these pictures are bitter-sweet. Giving up their daughters! My parents were so good about this, despite it probably being the hardest thing they've ever done--to send their daughters up to 2000 miles away from home.


8 comments:

Julie said...

Wow. I didnt know they were together for 35 years! What a love story. And still so happy. Thanks for sharing.

anna said...

SOOO cute!!

Anonymous said...

aww!!

Julia said...

awwww.. those are so cute!!!I miss ya!!

Liz said...

that's so sweet

Nikki said...

Congratulations!! Now on to 40....

Felicia said...

That was such a sweet post! Your parents are an amazing example of a godly marriage. Seeing those two wedding pictures together is so strange...it seems like just yesterday we were at your wedding and now both you and Claire are married! :-)

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to have MARRIED parents?!?! I know in churches like ours, it's not a rarity like it is in the world; but it's still a blessing and something that makes me so happy! My parents celebrated their 30th in February. Like you, David and I are so thankful for their wonderful example of love and commitment to each other!

Popular Posts