Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Special Night

I am documenting this night mainly for me, because I don't want to ever forget it, although I don't think I will. After Claire and Greg's rehearsal dinner we all came home and everyone either went to bed or was busy preparing for the next day. :) Greg was working on a slide show for the end of the ceremony and Nate was working on the programs.
Our little sisters went to bed and it was just the 5 oldest girls in the kitchen and family room. We hung up our dresses, painted our toes, glued on fake nails, plucked our eyebrows, all the while laughing our heads off hysterically. It was a classic ** my maiden name** girl moment!
Not that we don't love them :), but my husband was no where to be found. Claire's husband was no where to be found. It was just us girls, having a great "last night" together before our lives changed once again. (The first time was when I got married, of course). I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend that night before the most exciting day in Claire's life came.
I love my sisters. I miss them terribly. I miss the common sense of humor that we have, when we can say just a word or two and we all burst into laughter and no one else in the room seems to see what is so funny. We don't try to explain because it only gets worse.
I love how the slightest thing can happen when I'm not with them and I say, out loud, "I have to call Claire" and tell her and she will laugh just like I did--just like I knew she would. Sometimes there just isn't anyone else that can share that--even a husband or a best friend. (Although mine do most of the time :).
So, I know each of you guys will read this. I love you all so much. I love that I have so many sisters--the Lord knew just what we needed and made each of us different yet so alike so that our bond can never be broken! I love you!!!!

These pictures are so weird...maybe it will help you see the awesome night that we had and how crazy we all were being. :) We look pretty bad, but I think we all made up for it at the wedding the next day! haha!!










If you still think we are normal after this, you are insane--just like us. :) Like I said, this was mainly for me to remember!

9 comments:

Liz said...

That was a perfect last night for you girls.... I'm glad you had that time.

Anonymous said...

Jen.. I was almost sobbing as I was reading this..I miss you SOO much! It is NOT the same w/o you here....That was one of the funnest night's of my life!!! It is SO true how one of us will say 1 or 2 words and we all know what we mean and only us sisters start HOWLING with laughter!!!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

..Claire looks SO pretty in the second pic!!

arielle said...

looks like crazy fun :)

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Sisters share a common bond and understand each other like no other--even though I don't get to talk to mine as much anymore, they are always in my heart.

Anonymous said...

we had soooo much fun that night!
I miss you guy's so much! we are having so much fun here...

Felicia said...

I loved all the pics from this night! It was so special that you girls had that time together. Claire's faces are still the funniest! She makes me laugh!! :-D

Amy said...

What fun! You're not insane at all.:)Sisters are incredible and I've realized just how much mine mean to me since moving out here.

Melissa said...

Jenna, your blog is so sweet! This post brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing this beautiful bond of sisterhood with us!

Popular Posts