Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Couple's Retreat Weekend

Quality time is my #1 love language--so a weekend away with my husband makes me feel like our marriage went from "good" to "great". We had a fabulous 2 1/2 days together, focusing on each other like we haven't in a very, very long time. Nate's been working long hours and for a while so was I, along with trying to keep up with the house, meals, laundry and another important thing: the kids. So yeah. Time with each other wasn't really happening and it was frustrating to both of us. I hate the feeling that "life" has taken over and you have no control over where it is leading you. Thankfully, pulling back the reins and telling life "woooahhhh" over the weekend completely changed our outlook and we are more in love than ever.


Our Pastor carefully chose the special speakers and they were such a blessing to us! Brother Green and Brother Fellure both preached excellent messages during the sessions that were a huge help!

The games this year were hilarious. A few of the guys were asked to propose to their wives again, but the wives didn't know what was going on. Some were funny...
...others were creative...
...and others were downright hilarious! :)

We played the kissing game again...the wife puts on as much lipstick as she can and kisses her husband all over the face and neck. Whoever has the most kisses on their face at the end of 1 minute proceeds to the next round for more games. I planted 37 smooches on my man and we made it to the next round, but lost after my big belly got in the way of another kissing game. ;)

The resort is gorgeous with a large gift/coffee/pastry shop. They serve Starbucks coffee so it was a very popular place for the couples to gather after the meetings. :) 

On Saturday, we took a long walk (even though it was freezing) around the gorgeous grounds. 

I shot hoops with my hubby for a while...lets just say I need more practice! But it was fun to do something with him that I know he enjoys, even if I am awful at it! :) (And running after a ball at 9 months pregnant is a site for sore eyes, I can assure you!)

Relaxing, unwinding, in love...doesn't get much better. This man is honestly the most godly, hardworking, patient man I know--and I know him better than I know any other guy, so I think it's safe to say that! I am SO lucky!

36.5 weeks :)

You knew I couldn't blog a post without at least one picture of food, right?! This BLT with goat cheese and arugula with sweet potato fries on the side was amazing. It was my third and fourth meals of the day. ;)

There is nothing like looking into your husband's eyes, holding his hand and just talking. Talking for however long you want without a care in the world, focusing on each other and just, literally, looking at him. Sometimes we get so busy I feel like I don't even get to glance at the man I married! Not this weekend. 

Sneaking peeks of my guy. He still makes my heart skip a beat.

When this wonderful weekend came to a close, we realized that we hadn't talked at all about the kids (!!) but we were starting to miss them and, of course, had to bring them little treats home. Brookie got sour watermelon candy and Joe got chocolate's in the shape of soccer, football and volley balls. They both loved them, and we were so happy to see them again! :)

Every time we do something like this we wonder why we don't do it more often, but in a way I think that the less you do it, the more special it becomes. We were so frantic for some time together that we truly cherished every single moment. I don't know when we'll be able to do it again, but for now I'm still basking in the glow of being more in love than ever before. :)

4 comments:

Jolene said...

I'm so glad you able to have this special time away with your hubby before baby comes. Yay!

I just pinned your proposal game idea. What fun!

Unknown said...

So glad you got time away before a new baby :-) and I love love that picture of you with your beautiful belly by the water :-) so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog - and linking to yours!

Naomi said...

Hi, Jenna,
I found the idea to have guys propose to their wives again, on Pinterest and I have the guys lined up to do it this weekend at out church's couples banquet (yes we're a month late because the assistant pastor was out of the country around valentines day) but I'm not exactly sure how we're going to do it, and was wondering if you can give any advice or memories of how you all got it started?? ��
Thanks if you get this message!!

Jenna said...

Hi Naomi!

Basically the guys were given an assortment of props to choose from—balloons, flowers, ring pops ;), etc, to make the “perfect proposal”. They had a few minutes to choose while the wives were out of the room and had no idea what was going on.
When the wives came back in (1 at at a time) the husband presented them with the “ring” and props and got down on one knee and “proposed” however they wished. This is where the fun comes in, because some guys are hilarious, some are more serious, and the wives are not sure what to do/think. When they said “yes”, they would walk back to their seats and the next wife would enter.

You can be totally creative! It’s a lot of fun! Enjoy!

Jenna

Popular Posts