Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Friday!

Well hello there Friday! You are a welcome sight. This week I washed and organized the babies clothes, set up the crib, packed my hospital bags, rearranged and re-decorated my room, organized my closet, scrubbed my molding and dusted my blinds.
 Oh wait. That was me in another life. Or what I wanted to do this week. Instead I barely had the strength to keep up with normal housecleaning and laundry. It's the end of my pregnancy and boy am I feeling it like I didn't with my other 2. My back is getting bad again, my feet are on fire by the end of the day and I can literally feel my skin stretching as the baby puts on weight in these last few weeks. I am not complaining, more just trying to justify why I haven't gotten done what I wanted to this week. ;) Thankfully I have 4 weeks left until my due date, which could translate to 2 or 3 if I go early again, so I have time...

Monday night we left the house in the pouring rain to go to Starbucks. The kids were excited and I wanted to get out of the house. Brookie opted for chocolate milk and Joe wanted apple juice.

Nate got coffee, I got water and the kids and I shared a salted caramel chocolate bar. It was divine!

Hugging her little brother--we are all getting very anxious to meet him!

Would you look at these two?! All mine, girls. All mine.

Last night the kids skyped with my sisters before bed. They loved it! Brooklynne said she wants to do it every single night. I don't think that will work out but they are excited about doing it often with them. :)

Tonight Nate had a practice for a competition coming up. It was Friday and I really wanted to go out with the kids, so we took a little trip to Chik-fil-A (otherwise known as chick-a-lay). I admit I had selfish
intentions to go out--Nate said last night that I could get a new bed set for our room since I've been wanting one for a while and ours is shot. (Apparently if you spend $30.00 6 years ago at Wal-Mart you should be prepared to get what you pay for).

 

After staying up way too late last night looking online for ideas, I settled on purple and gray with a little yellow for color pop. We have a white bed frame and dressers, so it will go really well with it! Here is the actual picture of what I found tonight at Target--I am super excited to get it set up!

We also needed a new set of sheets, so I was able to find these gray ones to match...
...and yellow throw pillows on clearance to boot! I am still going to look for gray pillows, but I just cannot justify spending $20-$45 on a pillow. Not cool. I'll keep my eyes open and hopefully find something soon that will tie it all in. We also need curtains (I AM THE WORST CURTAIN-ER IN THE WORLD!) and some lamps for our nightstands. 


I'm excited about picking stuff up as I find good deals, but really hoping to have it totally done before the baby arrives. Coming home from the hospital to a clean, organized, "new" room will be wonderful. 

This month I'm listening to 1 Corinthians 13 each day. I loved listening to PS. 119 so much last month that I decided to keep it going. What better month to keep with the "love" theme than February? I actually memorized the chapter years ago and it's coming back to me now after only a few days of listening to it! Hopefully it will be a constant reminder to be long suffering, kind and charitable to those around me on a daily basis.

Well, that's all for now. It is once again way too late and I need to get to bed. Have a great weekend readers!

1 comments:

Jolene said...

This post made me smile 'cause I have that exact yellow pillow on my daughter's bed. And, oh, how LONG it took me to find THAT color!

Popular Posts