Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Enjoying


Since my brother moved in, Nate and I have been sneaking off almost every night after the kids are in bed for a nice long walk. We talk about our day, unwind and enjoy the fresh air. Or at least I do. My husband holds my hand, listens and generally walks with me because he knows how much I love it. One night we went to Target to return a few things, and Nate picked out a going home from the hospital outfit for the baby that is SO cute. Our night ended with Starbucks...all while the kids were peacefully sleeping at home. It's a great perk of having someone live with us!


I've been cuddling with my kids a lot more this week. The knowledge that baby could come at any second makes me very sentimental that their time alone with me is coming to an end and our hearts are opening up a spot for our new little family member. I'm hoping that they adjust well, like Brookie did when Joe Joe was born and for now I'm just enjoying every minute I can with them.


On Friday night I got a much needed haircut and thought it would be fun if I took Brooklynne back the next day to get one too. She wouldn't let herself show her excitement to the hairdresser too much, keeping her normal air of shyness about her. But Mommy knew how excited she was and how special it was for her to get her first "professional" haircut by someone other than friends or family.

I really love how it turned out and so does she. It's much easier to take care of now, too!
 I'm enjoying my husband, enjoying my kids, enjoying my God and all he's taught me this year. Go enjoy someone today, whether it's friends, family or just some time alone with God. Drink up every second with them--you won't regret it!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I loooooove Brooklynne's hair!!! Love and miss you!

Jolene said...

Cute little Brookie! Enjoy that sweet family of yours... I sure am enjoying mine! :o)

Popular Posts