Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Our Shining Gift from God

Nathan Robert was born on Friday, March 2nd at 11:06am. He surprised all of us with his large size--8 lbs, 11oz and 21 inches! My labor and delivery were amazing, but I'll post that another time. For now I just wanted to check in and let you all know that he is here and although I'm very sore and tired I am overwhelmed with happiness and gratefulness for another healthy, happy baby! He's sleeping good, nursing good and I have fallen in love with yet another beautiful little boy.


He is named after my husband ( I can't think of a better role model!) and my hubby's dad. Nathan means "gift from God" and Robert means "shining star" so I like to think of him as my shining gift from God.

My kids are thrilled to have a little brother :). Joe Joe has been quite emotional but that is to be expected I guess. Most of the time they are both very happy and loving him!

Mommy looking a little rough, but SO happy that my arms are full with three blessings from the Lord!

The 2 days spent in the hospital after the baby is born are my favorite. Getting pampered by nurses, ordering lots of food (they really do have awesome food at my hospital!), cuddling and snuggling for hours with my new baby and enjoying the peace and quiet. But eventually it's time to go home and start our new life--and for that babies must look quite stylish. :)
I'm SO blessed. I just can't say it enough!

More pictures and birth story to come...but for now I have to go kiss my new little guy.

8 comments:

Jubilena said...

Awe! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! How wonderful that everything went so well for you. I am looking forward to your birthing story! He is VERY cute! Oh, 8 lbs 11 oz isn't SO very huge! Its still within the "good size" range. :)

James and Emily said...

Congratulations Jenna and family!!! So glad that all went well! Nathan is adorable and yes, I would have to agree with you - you are blessed! God is so good! :)

Deb said...

He is SO cute Jen! You really are blessed...<3 Love ya

Unknown said...

AWW! Congratulations Jenna! He is beautiful. I love his hair...so cute! Rest well and enjoy your new addition!

PS- I LOVE the stay at the hospital too...the food is amazing where I deliver and I feel like I am on a mini-vacation. My hubby thinks I'm nuts, but I really do love it! :)

BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Victoria said...

Congratulations on a healthy & safe delivery and a beautiful baby boy!

I, too, LOVE the time in the hospital! I'd stay a week, if they still allowed that! :)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! What an adorable little guy! Love that bowtie and hat!!

Hope said...

Congratulations Jenna! He is so adorable!!

Jolene said...

I have totally fallen out of the e-mailing, blogging, computer world, and am pretty late in congratulating you, but, nonetheless.... CONGRATULATIONS, sweet friend!!!! I have a few more posts from you (after this one) sitting in my inbox that I look forward to reading soon, too.

THREE'S A CHARM!!!

Popular Posts