Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Full Hands and Full Heart


Nathan has had a few great nights, and a few not so great nights. I'm a lot more lenient now than I was with number one--holding more, snuggling more, and knowing that I probably won't spoil a newborn by holding him too much. Other than the few rough nights, he's been very easy and content. When he's awake he'll just lay there looking around and it's not long before I have to pick him up and kiss his cheeks! Nursing is going well, my easiest one yet! He eats every 2-3 hours and usually needs a little extra after he's done, just like Joey did. Something about those little boys--they are eating machines!
Nate was able to be home a lot for the first week, which he's not been able to do before. (I've always had help from my family so there was no need for him to take off, however this time, he was able to work home). It was so nice to have him around and I know it provided a little stability for Joey when he was being a little emotional about everything. He's taken the baby for me a few times at 4 or 5 am after a long night and calmed him down and at that point, I can't think of anything sweeter! :)
For the Sunday I was in the hospital, and next Sunday I was home, we were able to watch the services at my dad's church. It was such a blessing to be able to have church while resting at home, and Nathan loves hearing his Poppy preach. :)
My recovery is going well, simply because my Mom is here doing absolutely everything while I take care of me and the baby. I've said it over and over, but I don't know what I would do without her at this point in my life. Adjusting to three kids in the house has been easy so far because of her. I'll admit I'm a little nervous about her leaving and how I'll handle everything then, but hopefully we'll just ease into life that feels normal.

My weight has come off a lot faster than the others did which is surprising but awesome! By the end of week one, I only had 11 pounds left to lose! Apparently, having a big baby is the best weight loss program ever. :) I'm looking forward to when I can start working out again, taking the kids for walks and just generally be a little more active than I am right now. :)

Well, I think that's all the updates for now. We are doing really well, and every day I realize how truly blessed I am. My hands are full but so is my heart.

 I hope you all are having a great week!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing how parenting changes once you get past the first baby? Wow.

I am getting ready to embark on the same "3 children" journey as well...watching you has been encouraging! Maybe I won't lose my mind after all! LOL! :)

Popular Posts