Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Good Deals, Picnics and Bare Feet

"What if you woke up this morning
with only what you thanked God for today?"

A friend posted this on her status the other day and I was saddened to realize that I would have basically nothing if I had only what I thanked God for. It made an impact on me and I'm working on being more thankful for the little things.

Today I'm thankful for my good deals grocery shopping...and my crazy little helpers that make it, although challenging sometimes, exciting and fun :) 

I'm thankful for warm, sunny weather. Warm enough that we're in bare feet...

...and warm enough that we had our first picnic of the year.

I'm thankful for the little girl in my lap right now, watching me type and singing a made up song to herself. "You will get saved, you will get saved. Look out the window, there's a person waiting for us. Prepare to hide...so he cannot see us..." Hey, at least she has a good imagination!

My heart is overflowing with happiness and I'm feeling inadequate of all I've been blessed with. But while I know I don't deserve it, I'm cherishing every moment of it. If I wake up tomorrow with what I thanked God for today, my heart would be full.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post, and love you Jenna! You are one of the many things i'm thankful for!!! Thanks for your blog, I absolutely LOVE reading it!! Always brings a smile to my face!! :)

Deb said...

haha that song Brooke was making up!! aww!!
WHat a great post though and a great reminder! I am grateful for you!

Unknown said...

Picnics...bare feet...ahhhh...I can only dream. It is frigid outside today. I can't picture a place that is actually warm this time of year! HA! Great post and wonderful thoughts. Thanks! :)

Julia said...

Good post!!!
I always love reading your blog!!!
Your weather seems AMAZING
Love ya tonz~

Popular Posts