Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Baby Number 2, Month 5!!!

I've made it to the halfway point--20 weeks! I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to come this far and be so healthy. The second trimester is definitely the best for me and I feel great! I get so much done around the house and have lots of energy.
These are the months that I love being pregnant! It's fun to find cute clothes to wear when you are not absolutely huge and fat feeling. I've officially grown out of my first regular skirt, but all of the rest still fit me, along with most of my shirts. I'm still at a weird stage, but I can wear small maternity which is the most comfortable and probably looks way better than regular stuff anyway.
Things that Happened to Me this Month!!!

  • Yesterday, I found out that I am having a BOY!!! I was planning on waiting until the delivery like I did last time but I really wanted to find out for Nate, even though I had no desire to. I do regret it and will never find out before-hand again, but there is nothing I can do about it now except start to pick up little boy clothes here and there. :)
  • My belly grew a lot as you can see in the picture! With Brooke I really started showing around 5-6 months and it seems to be the same with this one.
  • And of course, always feeling my little one move! What a gift from God that you are able to feel little flutters and kicks. Nate hasn't been able to feel it yet. This one is not as active as Brooke was. She was a crazy girl in the womb, but when she came out she was the calmest baby in the world. This one is more calm....does that mean he will be a wild man??? ;)
Brookie was very busy scratching her 3 BIG ant bites that she got playing outside yesterday :(. They are huge and I feel so bad for her! That is one thing that I HATE about this state!!!

13 comments:

Michelle Evans said...

You look great Jenna! SO happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Awww you look sooo cute!! Poor brookie :(

Julia said...

Jen,
You are finally showing....you look so cute!!!

Tamra W. <3 said...

Are you so excited to have one of each?! A boy and girl!I can't wait to see it!You look soo cute! And so does Brooke.:)

Anonymous said...

You Look so cute! I am so excited that your having a boy!! He will be SO cute!!!!
Poor Brooke with her ant bites!!

Liz said...

Wow, you have gotten big. Congrats on the boy!

arielle said...

Aww I am really excited for you! That little boy is gonna be so spoiled! hehe. You look great, I can't believe how tiny you still are!

Anna said...

So exciting!! Too bad you found out though. Never again, right? I think it's cool to know, but when you are in labour, it would have been so much more cool to be in suspense!! But that's ok, at least I know I'm gettin a lil nephew!

Amy said...

I love your updates! Glad you're feeling so good. A BOY!! Fun.:)

Anonymous said...

Just one question (seeing I am confused): How can you be month 5 and week 20? If you are 20 weeks at 5 months then babies must be in the womb for 10 months???

But you look good... not too big... just perfect in my opinion!

Miss Casey said...

you look great!!!

Jenna said...

Anonymous
Who are you?
Yes, babies are in the womb for 10 months, technically. When you find you you're pregnant you are already 4 weeks and starting your 2nd month. When you reach month nine you have 4 weeks left, totalling 40 weeks.

Jubilena said...

I too am expecting and am 17 weeks along. The baby is usually not conceived until the 2nd week of the month so technically the baby born full term is only 38 weeks... that is why some women go two weeks late and really they are not late at all. There are 52 weeks in a year if it is really 10 months then you would carry the baby for 44 weeks. There are some months with 5 weeks. They divide pregnancy into 3 trimesters each 13 weeks which would actually add to 39 weeks....Oh well, I think I am confusing myself. Maybe your doctor goes by lunar months? Which if so, then there are more than 12 lunar months in a year...and a baby would be considered in the womb for 10 lunar months.

Popular Posts