Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Title

I have been trying to think of a good title for my blog for some time now. Since I couldn't think of anything, I kept it as our names until I could think of something better.

Then today, it hit me.

As I stared at Mt. Everest (AKA pile of clean laundry) that was heaped upon my bed I tried to think of something good that could come out of this chore, but nothing came to mind. As I folded my little girls skirts and onesies and pants and dresses, my hubbie's t-shirts, jeans, underwear and socks, something else hit me: there is something absoluteley boring and monotnous about folding laundry.
I detest doing laundry. If there was one chore in the world I could pick that I didn't have to do, it would be that. Many chores would follow on that list, don't get me wrong, but that would be at the top! I'm fine to throw it in the washing machine, but the process after that is long and drawn out as I forget about it, have to wash it again, finally put it in the dryer only to leave it there for...well...a long time...when it reaches it's destination of the clothes basket, it then sit's and waits to be folded for another....long time....
You get the point.

A few weeks ago I was folding laundry while Brooke was awake, so she was sitting on my bed and I gave her a little pile to "fold". OK, it sounds crazy but I thought it would be something that would be good for training--something that the Pearls would do. I thought it might make a good article for their magazine. Just kidding. :)
My whole outlook on laundry changed at that moment as she started to play with it, smile at me, eat it, giggle and have a great time. I had so much fun folding laundry that day!

Today, as I thought about that, I realized that someone else would have gotten that opportunity to share that special moment with her if I were out in the world working that day.
I would have missed many special moments if I wasn't a keeper at home.

Something I am passonate about it women being keepers at home in the position God intended for them. Just like the Proverbs 31 women that we all strive to be, women need to be creative and hard working to make a little extra money for the household income, if it is needed. Even if it isn't needed, it is awesome to be able to use our talents or creativity to help out in any way we can, without answering to another man (or worse--a woman!) in the world.

Hence, my new blog title. For the mom's who read this, whenever you fold laundry you can think of the moments you have had with your kids and thank God you were able to share it with them! For the singles, start being creative now so that you can use it later in life!

I need to close this post. I have a lot to do, and it will come as no surprise to you that I still have laundry to do!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Love the new title! My laundry awaits folding even now - thanks for the encouragement!

Sara N. Smith said...

Amen sister!!!! :)
I like the new title - very fitting!

Popular Posts