Pages

Friday, February 1, 2008

First of several....

vacation posts! We have had a wonderful time these past 2 weeks in Florida. The first week, my dad preached at Bro. Lnox's Bible conference along with several other preachers. The theme was "The attributes of God" and each preacher spoke about a different attribute. We had a street meeting one day, went to the ocean and went roller skating (I went around about half a time. I knew I was gonna fall on my behind and ruin my vacation, so I stopped. They didn't have any roller blades left and skating is hard!)
All of us got the stomach flu, which was really interesting. I'll tell you though, we got it when we moved into the vacation house that we rented and no better place to get it than there with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms! We had plenty of room to be sick, that's for sure.
Our house was incredible. I'll be posting pictures of it soon, but to give you an idea, it is an 350,000 house. It was a model so it was perfectly and expensivly decorated, too.
My grandma got free tickets to Disney (she works there) for almost all of us and we had a blast there one day at 3 of the parks.
Probably one of the highlights was when we got to perform for the people in the park where my grandparetns live. There were almost 200 people there and we sang for 45 minutes. My dad got to give the gospel and I just prayed that we were able to minister to people through our songs and testimony.
My grandparents on my dad's side came up for 2 days to spend time with us which was really special. We went out to eat with him and went to "Old Town" and rode some rides and went shopping. What's a day without shopping--even if you don't buy anything?
I feel like this post is really boring and monotinous, but my excuse is that I am really, really tired and I just wanted to give an overview so that I could post pictures later and you would get and idea of what was going on. My brain is fried right now...it's horrible how vacation does that to ya, but when you are having so much fun, you don't really care!
Being with my family for a few weeks only makes me realize how much I miss them. It was so hard saying goodbye at the airport today :( but thankfully I didn't cry so much that I made a scene.
This is going no where so I think that I will get a good nights sleep and post within the next couple days.
Love you all!
Jen

1 comments:

Sara N. Smith said...

It was wonderful to hear such a great report! Glad you had such a fabulous time - can't wait for pictures!!!

Popular Posts