Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Girl Time!

On Tuesday afternoon, Veronica, Jessica and I drove to Houston to meet up with Hannah and Grace Keenan and their friends and family who were there for some meetings this week. It was at Shady Acres Baptist church. After getting extremely frustrated with "Tom-Tom" (my GPS) we made several turn around and finally made it to within one mile of the church. We still hadn't eaten supper so we stopped at a Church's chicken there on the corner.
It was disgusting.
The floors and tables were dirty and greasy and hadn't been cleaned in a while. We asked for napkins and they didn't have any, so she gave us some brown paper towel from the dispenser over their sink. They didn't have any ketchup for our fries and when Jess asked for some butter, they gave her a cup of melted, gross butter. There were some Mexican guys sitting near the table and looking at us and smiling the whole time. They had never seen the likes of such beauty in that area and were making it known that they were enjoying it. We were freaked out. Veronica was on the phone with her fiance and he was being all protective of her and giving us orders that she couldn't be anywhere alone. :)
I do have to admit that it tasted good but it was so nasty we couldn't even really enjoy it.
After the service, we had to redeem ourselves by eating McDonald's and Taco Bell. Thank the heavens for that!
We went to bed around 2am. Brooke was really good and slept until about 1 am, but then she woke up and was overstimulated or something and screamed for about an hour on and off. She was so tired but couldn't really sleep. I tried nursing her and holding her close, just thinking that she was in a strange place and scared, but it didn't really help. Finally she fell asleep. There were 6 of us in that room and I felt horrible that she was keeping everyone awake, but they said they pretty much went right to sleep. I was kind of in a separate area so there was a little wall there and I think that might have muffled some of the noise.
Wednesday we went out to Papasitos, a delicious Mexican restaurant and I had the heck embarrassed out of me when Grace's boyfriend told the waitress it was my birthday tomorrow. After the meal, they brought out a huge sombrero or however you spell it and announced to the whole restaurant (in their usual fashion) that it was my birthday. I was really embarrassed but the ice cream was great! :) When the guy found out I was 21 he offered to buy me a shot! Thankfully he didn't! :)
We went shopping for the rest of the day. I got 2 skirts, a shirt and boots that I have been wanting and waiting for them to go on clearance. We had a blast! The way home we got a little lost and made several circles before finally getting on the right highway.
It was a great trip! I'm so glad I went. And now I'm leaving for Florida in 2 days! Wow, I have a lot to do before then. Hopefully Brookie doesn't do as bad on the plane as she did in that hotel room! Ugh!



She sucked on 2 lemons in the restaurant! She loved them!
My clothes and boots that I got :)

Veron feeding Brookie in the hotel room
Beautiful Hannah and Grace
Little brother and big sister to be! :) Daniel and Veronica
From left to right: me, Ashley, Jessica, Daniel, Veronica, Hannah, Brooklynne, Grace and Jack (Thanks to him for telling about my birthday! :)
Her new thing: Playing with her tongue! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a really fun time!! Can't wait to see you on Monday!!!
Deb

Sara N. Smith said...

Looks like you had a blast and I love the new outfits - very cute!!!
Have fun in Florida!!!

Christina said...

sweet times! like the pix and all that fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

that story totally sicked me out!! LOL!! AWESOME. I can't believe you didn't walk out...

And the pic of Brooke with her tongue out is painfully adorable!!! :-)

Popular Posts