Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

I love my Life (and other random strange thoughts)

Is that a bad thing? I know we are supposed to be strangers and pilgrims here, but I really do love my life. I think I have it the best of anyone else I know. The more I get to know my wonderful husband, the more I think he is an angel. He is perfect, really. Sometimes I can't believe how much he is willing to do to make me happy or make me feel special. I couldn't have asked for someone any better cause he is definitely at the top of the list!
The more I get to know my daughter, the more I realize she is not an angel, but most of the time she is and I love her more and more each day. She's teething now so she is pretty miserable. I got so frustrated with her yesterday that I just put her in her crib, shut the door and turned off the baby monitor because I couldn't listen to her cry anymore. I feel bad for her but there was just nothing I could do. Eventually she fell asleep, thank God.

Oh Yeah--I'm writing why I love my life.

At least most of the time I do! I enjoy everything about it. I love to have a nice clean house for Nate to come home to at the end of the day. I love taking Brookie for walks. I love eating healthy and working out every day (I'm actually a fanatic about it, which makes me realize "bodily exercise profiteth little" is true. I work out like an animal and take one look at me and you will know the verse to be true too! :). I love making Brooke smile, I love making Nate smile and I love laughing with him. I have a beautiful house and a great family who has welcomed me to the lone star state with open arms.
Which reminds me--the state of Texas is definitely a "loner" state. Everyone here thinks that it is the best state ever (why??? I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I have yet to see something that really impressed me, although I did love the beautiful ocean in South Padre) but nonetheless, it is the lone star state. They have one lone star on their state flag if you didn't know. Come here and you will probably love it too but you will be flabbergasted that Texans in general are extremely prideful about this vast humungus place. It's ok. We know what come after pride, don't we? And I will say that it is very beautiful, I love the weather and the people are generally friendly.
How in the world did I get on that? This is a really random post, and not in the least bit edifying.
I love my life...oh yeah. I love that I get to live in Texas, despite what I say about it. It's nice here and I love it because my lover loves it and we will have hundreds of little Texan decedents running around someday--Italian Texans! Watch out Texas!

(this is turning into an endless ramble)

I love that I was raised in a Christian home and that I have godly parents who love me. I talk to my Mom several times a week and I talk to my sisters every single day. I love that we all have Verizon and it's free to talk to them! Seriously, we are giving Verizon a run for their money! Can I tell you a secret? The first month after I was married I used 3600 minutes talking to Verizon phone people. That means only my hubby, family and 2 friends. Unbelievable! Thankfully I am not so lonely anymore and I have cut that number way down! At least to 3000! (Just kidding)
I don't even know if I should post this. But I think I will. I'm in a strange mood right now. Maybe it's the little bowl of ice cream I ate after my very healthy lunch. It did something to my mind I think.
I'm gonna post pictures of Foofer soon...she is getting so big! Today she laughed out loud for no reason!
I think she is gonna be like me....oh no.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Jen I love you, your so funny:-)

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

I am sooo happy that you are so happy and love your life--I think some people are just born loving life, and others have to work at it--learning contentment. It sounds like you are a joyful mother of children (child, right now) and an excellent help meet. Doug always thought Texans were a little predjudiced against Yankees when he was on deputation down there, but we did get a few supporting churches there so they cant be all that bad...

Sara N. Smith said...

That was so funny, Jen. But you know what - it's great you love your life! God is so very very good!!! His blessings are overwhleming, aren't they?

Victoria said...

I regularly put teething babies and cranky children to bed and shut the door. Cuddling them is good, but sometimes, you just can't do anymore for them. Loving your life in the midst of it (or shortly thereafter) is a perfect example of I Thess. 5:18!

Anonymous said...

Jen, If loving life is bad, then I'm in BIG trouble. Even when it's really hard, I'm just glad to be alive. So, Heaven is gonna be awesome, but maybe I'm a chicken, because I really just want to keep living...for now. :-) I love it that you have a blog now, and I can keep up with you better! I had one through a Facebook app, but just last week I switched to Blogger, and I feed it onto my profile. btw..,did you know you can do that? Search for the Flog Blog application.. :-)

Popular Posts