Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

For the love of Chocolate


When we went to Downtown Disney when we were in Florida, there was a Ghiardelli chocolate store.


Oh my word.


First of all, you step in and someone is there with a basketful of choclate samples that they cheerfully hand you to eat right there and enjoy without spending a penny. Of course they know that once you taste it, you will spend much more than a penny! The sample that day was a ooey gooey carmel inside covered in smooth, creamy milk cholate. The square was about 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches. I cherished each bite. (all one of them) :)


There was choclate everywhere. It was like a little chocolate heaven that I had stumbled upon. Only I think a real chocolate heaven would offer everything for free. Of course, Ghiardelli chocolate is pretty expensive but I think it is money well spent. Especially when it is not my money! :) My amazing, wonderful and gracious husband bought me not one but two large bars of my choice. I picked the carmel one that we had sampled, only with dark chocolate, and a dark chocolate with rasberry. The bars have 6 squares each. So far I have eaten 5-6 squares total, meaning there are 5-6 squares left until we must make a trip to Florida to get more. Just kidding!

Now I have not even told you the best part. The whole other side of the store was an ice cream/coffie shop. Of course they had huge posters up of their famous sundae which looked heavenly. Fortunately for my hubby (but unfortunately for me) we had just eaten and I was not very hungry. So he bought me something that was like a Frappachino, only it had a different name that I don't remember.

And I will tell you it was way, way, way better than Starbucks. It was so rich and choclatey and just......mmm. I had about 1/4 of it and Nate and Pat finished the rest. It was wonderful. I was in a good mood for the rest of the night after those 2 samples (yes, we went in there twice) and that drink! WOW! Talk about makin' mama happy! :)

So, for all of you chocolate lovers--aka women, take some time out of your day today to enjoy a little piece of chocolate. I suggest dark chocolate as it is actually good for you and full of potent antioxidents and can help lower high blood pressure and keep your blood flowing and your heart healthy.

If anything, it's a great excuse to have a little indulgence! :)




5 comments:

14xMommy said...

LOL Jen! That's awesome... We have a Godiva shop in our mall and they give away free samples...I *LOVE* going in there...

Anonymous said...

ooops. I published in the wrong account....that was Joanna, not Shelly. :-D

Victoria said...

How often can you go in and out the door?!:) And you chose exactly what I would've chosen!

You're beginning to sound like Pastor Folk with the benefits of dark chocolate!

Anonymous said...

well you could keep going in all day but i think there would have to be a different person with the samples or they would probably remmeber you! :)

Anonymous said...

jenna u should put some more pics of fla. up ~PAT~

Popular Posts