Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

9 months old and all grown up!

It wasn't until late in the evening on the 25th that I realized that Brooklynne had turned 9 months old on that day and it actually made me kind of sad. Nine months seems so old to me--so much closer to the big age of One! She still isn't crawling :) which I'm OK with cause it's more time that I have to leave my house as it is and not have to chase her everywhere telling her no! She likes to pull herself up on me from a sitting position and stands really good in her exersaucer.
She waves "hi" and "bye" to everyone if they say it to her, she laughs so much more now. She does "yeah" and claps her hands. She thinks it's funny if I scream. So I'm finding myself screaming in hushed tones a lot just to hear her giggle. She dances. She won't eat most vegetables (although she loves fruit) so I have to mix them with something to disguise it. And she is only nursing about 3 times a day--nice break for Mom!
She has brought so much joy and happiness to our lives. I think that just when you think you couldn't be in any more love than you are and possibly couldn't be and ounce happier, God sends you a baby and you love so much more! She's such a little miracle and I'm so thankful that she is a healthy little girl and so happy!
She is Mommy's big laundry-folder-helper and here's a picture of her helping me today. Eating socks is her favorite chore. :) Today she was fussing and grunting and looking at one of my bras in the pile on the bed and was so excited when I handed it to her. I think she thought there was a meal contained inside! :)
I will spare you the picture of her with it on, but I have to admit that it's pretty funny. Hey, I did say that I thought she was so old, right?
Anyway, that is a little update on the miniature love and joy of my life. I have 2 you know, so I have to specify! Pretty soon it will be the big one-year-old party with the cake in the face and...ooh, don't want to think about that right now. I'll b the most emotional Mom ever on that day!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Nine months is a big deal - you've had her now as long as you were pregnant for her! Now you know what your parents felt with you - the first child's milestones ARE incredibly emotional!

You are blessed!

Anonymous said...

She's SOOOOOOO cute!!! I miss her so much. Hurry up and come and visit!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Make sure you check Aires blog, cause I just put pics on there for you to see.

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Love that picture of Brooke in the walker-toystation. She has great legs!

Liz said...

Auughhhh. She's SO darling...... I love seeing pictures of her!

Popular Posts