Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Thinking

Today I have been thinking a lot. When we were in Florida my dad asked me if I was a deep thinker--if I thought a lot. At the time I really didn't think I did but now that I notice, I do. I'm home alone all day with a baby who can't talk-yes, I think a lot!
Yesterday at church we heard two very good sermons. One on feeding, or not feeding, the flesh and another one on prayer. So I've been thinking about them a lot today. As I cleaned out my refrigerator which is yet another job that I hate. I put it off for way too long. And when you put something off that has to do with leftover food, you pay the consequenses. I threw out a lot of smelly moldy stuff that I had no clue what it started out as. I'm sure it was good in it's day but today I had to breath threw my mouth just to make sure I didn't smell it. Yes, I know that is discusting. I'm still working out a few things in my housewife life. Hee hee.
So after that long bunny trail...

We always hear, "don't feed the flesh." But I feel as if I really grasped onto this concept when I heard this illustration yesterday.

It was a riddle and it goes like this: If there are two dogs who are fighting dogs. They are both the same size and weight and they both have the same willpower. They both have the same endurance and strength. Which one will win the fight?

The answer is, the one that you feed more. Obviously the one that gets fed more has more energy to make him last longest and out fight the other dog.

That was when it really made sense to me. My spirit is not weak. Why do I always think that my flesh is so strong? Because I feed it more; of course it will be stronger and get the victory in so many area's of my life! My Spirit has the same strength, the same wilpower and the same endurance as my flesh. I just have to feed it to make it out smart and out win my stinking flesh.

So that is what I have been thinking about today. I have been thinking and wishing that I could get more victory over my flesh and so I just pray,
"LORD, help me to give the spirit the fuel and energy that it needs each day to win over my flesh!"

1 comments:

Sara N. Smith said...

What a thought-provoking post!! It's all to easy to feed the flesh, isn't it?
Thanks for thinking these thoughts and sharing them with all of us!

Popular Posts