Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

That Time I turned 28

It seems kind of strange to blog about my own birthday, but I'm doing it because Nate and the kids made it so, so special for me. No frills, nothing fancy, just a quiet day at home with an amazing dinner that Nate (!!!) made for me. I spent most of the afternoon at home while the babies took naps and the older kids ran errands and did discipleship with Nate. The plan was for them to bring take out home, but I was very surprised when they charged inside with bags from the grocery store and got right to work. "Sit on the couch," he said, "we're making dinner". 30 minutes later, the table was set with an amazing beef and chicken fajita dinner, complete with all the sides. It was honestly one of the most meaningful things anyone has ever done for me.


After dinner, Nate snapped a few pictures of the kids and I. They are far less than perfect, but they are us and I love them.


I actually made my own dessert--a sugar free/low carb turtle cheesecake. Honestly it was the best healthier dessert recipe I've ever tried. If you're interested, Google  "Mrs Criddles turtle cheesecake". It was super easy to make, too!
He is such an involved, helpful, fun dad to our kids. 
A few days later we went out with friends and family for a kid-free dinner and coffee. These people mean so much to me and I'm so thankful for these people in our lives.

This blog post brought to you pool-side, compliments of family vacation. More on that later this week.
Happy Sunday!

0 comments:

Popular Posts