Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Top 10 Baby Product Picks (4 Kids Later)

8 and a half years ago, Nate and I were excitedly registering for our first baby. Scanning all of the cute items was super fun and we picturing our brand new baby using them was even more exciting. After 4 kids, I've learned what I love, completely simplified and thought I would share some of my favorite baby products with you all! I've never been one for baby accessories taking over the house, so most of what I use is a smaller version. Again, anything that simplifies clutter is right up my alley! I've included links to all products, so while they may not be exactly what I use they will be something similar.



1) My Solly Baby wrap
 Nate bought me this for Christmas this year and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Can't talk enough about it. I mostly used a piece of jersey knit material for the other boys, and this is just so much better. Pricey, yes, but worth it to me. It's super soft and stretchy yet strong. Plus I love all the of the color options! (He got a 20% off coupon on black Friday--just a tip!)



2) Snap and Go Stroller
 I don't actually own one, but have borrowed from other people and it's compact and light. This is perfect for popping the infant carseat in and going, rather than using a bulkier travel system. I mostly wear my infants now when we're out and about, but for the times you want them in the carseat, this is perfect!

3) The Bumbo Seat
 To be honest, I'm not totally sold on this yet, because at 6 months he totally dives out of it. However I'm sure if I purchase the tray (I got the seat at a thrift store) I will be sold, because it will keep him confined and allow him to sit and watch everyone.


4) Covered Goods Nursing Cover
 For years, nursing in public has always been a bit tricky. If there is a breeze, up flies the cover. If using a blanket, baby could just pull it off at anytime. No fun! I fell in love with this cover the first time I used it. Full coverage, thin, stretchy and super cute prints that blend right in with your clothes! Again, a little pricey, but if you're on the go like me a lot, worth it!

5) Chicco Umbrella Stroller
 I said goodbye to the travel system by baby 3. For me, it was just too bulky and too much to tote around and I don't plan on using the stroller/carseat combo ever again. I purchased this chicco stroller off craigslist and have used it since he was a few weeks old. I put a head support (from the carseat) in and reclined it and it made it soooo much easier to maneuver around shopping centers, and everywhere really, with 3 other kids in tow
 (I also LOVE my double jogger and would recommend to anyone with more than 1 kid. Even if you don't jog, anytime we go on walks we use it and it's almost effortless to push 2 kids around, and we've often stuck a third in there with no problems)


6) Portable Baby Swing
 I've never actually owned a full size swing, but in my opinion this works just as great as a big one except better because you can move it around. I can't tell you how many times I carried the swing into separate rooms around the house so I could get things done while baby played contentedly!

7) Homemade Pacifier Clips (he's wearing one above)
 A friend purchased some for me from the linked shop, and I LOVE them! We keep track of paci's so much better now. Not sure why I never used them before. Plus the prints are super cute!

8) Swaddling Blankets and here
 Total lifesaver! Nicolas was born in the dead of summer so it was hot. Light and airy swaddlers allowed him to be snuggled up tight without over heating. I purchased these at a thrift store as well, so keep your eye out! The second link are the velcro swaddlers which I love for when they are teeny tiny. After that, baby starts to break free. ;)


9) Mini Pac and Play
 My babies can easily sleep in a mini pac and play until they are 2 years old. So many times I've been so happy to have a mini one when we've stayed at people's homes or in a hotel, because they can usually fit in the closet, giving them the quietness they need to stay asleep. I love that it has the bassinet feature, so you can use it from the time they are born.

10) Portable Highchair
 Again--simplifying and less clutter! I had a normal sized high chair for Brooke and it always annoyed me because it was in the way. A mini one that sat on the chair at the table just worked so much better for us! I sold our other one before we moved so I'm planning on buying a new one soon because I think baby is ready for food. ;)

What are some of your favorite baby products?

2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

That was our exact swing!!! It lasted through all 4 kids, was our ONLY swing, plenty entertaining, and I loved the size and travel ability. Baby #1 was born in a small upstairs/downstairs apartment, so I bought that specifically for carrying to diff rooms in the house. I don't think they had Bumbo when I had babies (possibly with #4??) Looks awesome, however a friend told me latest studies show that they mess up correct spinal growth if you overuse because ppl start them so young and the baby slumps forward. I'm sure you don't overuse, but I'm sure some parents do. I probably would have. LOL I look back at all the things I thought you needed to have with a baby and then what we felt the essentials were by #4, and I can't help but chuckle! I went from ginormous diaper bag to "Throw that travel wipes case and two diapers in my purse!" Ha!

Jenna said...

I've heard that about the bumbo as well--also my first baby to have one! We aren't using it much at all right now. Hopefully when he's 1 it will be a nice portable seat for him when we go places!
I'm with you in the diaper bag thing. I carry them for a few months and then totally switch to my purse ha!

Popular Posts