Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Tornado's, Cupcakes and Gnocchi's

This week Nate had work out of town for a few days and was able to take me (and Nathan) with him. It was so fun to spend time with just my hubby and littlest guy for a few days. The downside was that his work happened to be in Dallas, exactly at the time that several huge tornadoes hit all over that area. Nate was crouched in a stairwell with people from his office and I was in the hotel room, watching the news and just slightly terrified. 
 Where I grew up we face blizzards...and snow...and blizzards..and ice. And blizzards. No hurricanes, tornadoes, poisonous spiders, snakes or hillbillies with no teeth. Other than snow, I am not used to deadly storms and this was no exception as I watched the T.V. where semi trucks being picked up and tossed into the air like confetti.  I am Italian and we tend to be a little morbid, so all kinds of wild thoughts were running through my head (WHO IS GOING TO RAISE MY KIDS??! ALSO, WHAT WILL I EAT WHILE TRAPPED IN THE BATHTUB??!!!) but thank the LORD we were safe and the worst we encountered were thunderstorms. 
 When Nate was finally able to leave the downtown area and make it back safe and sound, I breathed a sigh of relief, hugged him very tight and then complained about how hungry I was. It didn't take me long at all to be back to my normal self. 
 In all seriousness, I am very thankful to the Lord for protecting us and giving us a great few days together!

Before going to eat on our way there...my little guy is getting big!

I adore this picture. Enough said.

My gorgeous little guy all fresh and fluffy after his bath in the hotel sink :)

Any day spent with this guy is a fantastic day.

In the mall there was a little cupcake shop and cupcakes are my weakness. OK, so pretty much all desserts are my weakness. But anyway, cupcakes are in my top 10 of maybe 186 weaknesses.
I picked the chocolate chip cookie
Oh My. It was perfectly moist and the frosting was divine. It took everything in me not to go back and buy another one. Or another five!

Nathan looked so tiny hanging out on the bed all by himself, I couldn't resist a picture.

Something that my Mom made a few times a year for special occasions (mainly for birthday requests) was gnocchi, which is basically a little potato based pasta-like dumpling. Needless to say, I don't think I haven't eaten any since I got married (shame on me for not making them) and when I saw them on the menu of an amazing Italian place we went, I knew right away that my inner Dago would force me to order them. Thank you, inner Dago. Once again you served me well.
Coming home and only being 4 ounces heavier was quite an accomplishment. I'm not sure how I pulled that one off but I was happy!  It was a great 2 days but of course I was very happy to be home with my other babies once again. :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter/Resurrection Sunday!

1 comments:

Jolene said...

Aww, so glad you got some time away with your hubby and baby. That little darling of yours sure is growing and sure is a cutie pie!

And, I have a weakness for desserts... and pastries... and cupcakes... and anything generally bad for you, too! :-) Those cupcakes looked good!

Popular Posts