Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's Good to be a Mom

My two-and-a-half year old is my most popular form of entertainment throughout the day. He makes me laugh and keeps me wondering what he'll get into next. A big thing we are working on right now is whining and how it's something we shouldn't do. 
 Today before we went outside, I ran upstairs to grab a few things and check on the baby. As I came back down the stairs, he was sitting there, slumped over in defeat and sniffling dramatically.
 Here we go again, I thought. Preparing my self with the usual speech about whining, what happens when we whine, why are we whining, God doesn't like whining, I asked in a firm but rather whiny voice myself, "What is wrong now Joe-Joe?"

His clear brown eyes looked up at me and another little sniffle escaped his nose before he replied quietly, 
"I miss you Mommy."


Of course at that point, my heart melted and I had to mop it up off the floor. It was just one of those moments when it felt good to be a Mom, and when nothing mattered at that second except that sometimes whiny two-and-a-half year old who missed Mommy because she was upstairs for 48 seconds.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

So sweet! I'm so glad we're not the only ones fighting the whining battle right now! It always makes me feel terrible when I'm about to get on Riley and she goes and does something super sweet. Makes it all worth it, though!

Jolene said...

Adorable, adorable, adorable!!! Yes, it IS good to be a Mom!

Ginger said...

Beautiful!

Lisa said...

All the upheaval of the past weeks has sent my Natalie into a whiney mess. I know the frustration! aahhh! But she's also the one who comes up with the sweetest endearments... :-)Maybe it's their age, or just their personality's needs for lots of affection!

Popular Posts