Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Easter Run-Down

This post is short and sweet with lots of pictures because I'm in a rush and it needs to be posted. So here it is--the run down on our fun Resurrection Sunday!


Who doesn't love Easter? I have memories of new dresses, white shoes, white gloves and white hats, (that's a lot of white) celebrating Christ's Resurrection at church and then going to Grandma's where we had a big dinner and egg hunt in the back yard and, of course, peanut butter eggs. That ended when they went to Florida for the winter, but now we've started our own traditions! Peanut butter eggs being at the top of the list. Besides Jesus rising from the dead, those are the best thing about Easter! ;)

This year I thought it would be fun to make birds nest cookies that I found on pinterest. I made and molded the "nests" and the kids got to fill them and top them with peeps. We talked about the real reason for Easter and had lots of fun together!


On Sunday morning, I had visions of a gorgeous picture of my kids to post, but it didn't start out so well.
Despite the red eyes and sliding baby, we managed to get a "Good" one--although I love the other one best :)

The Family Easter Picture! (The one on my blog header is from last year--I just might have to use this one to change it)
My cousin and his lovely girlfriend got to spend the day with us, as well as Nate's family

All the older cousins before almost all of them changed--the fruit tray before brunch was being devoured and resulting in strawberries on pretty white dresses.
The kids look forward to the Easter egg hunt every year. Of course they know that it's not the Easter bunny who hides them, but it's just a fun activity that they love!


Do NOT steal eggs that are not yours. Fits will result! ;)
Sweet Joanna and I watching our crazy 8 kids hunt for eggs :)
Pretty Girls!
It was a really fun day spent with family and eating way too much food but most of all we were so thankful that the Lord rose from the dead so that we could have eternal life! What a wonderful reason to celebrate!

0 comments:

Popular Posts