Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Season of New Life

Spring has sprung in all of it's glory here. The days are warm and breezy and beautiful wildflowers have sprouted up between luscious blades of green grass. Green. That's something we haven't seen in a while, but because of the generous amount of rain we've gotten this year we're now seeing it everywhere, taking it all in before it turns crunchy and brown again from the heat.

Our nightly walks have resumed

Baby is 6 weeks old so I'm up and around more and resumed my normal workout routine this week. I'll do it for a week or so more before I start a Jillian Michael's dvd. After no exercise for 6 weeks (and just walking for the last few weeks of pregnancy) I need to work my body back up to where it was before I take on that much of an intense workout! 

This week we had a picnic outside, the first of many before the weather gets too hot.

I love my quilt that makes me feel all picnic-y. Best $3 I ever spent!

Thankfully he only got a hold of half of a turkey sandwich. It could have been worse.

Brooklynne requested to wear a princess dress this day, with a shirt underneath of course, because God forbid we "FEEEEL ITCHYYYY!" and have a meltdown.

She hates pictures these days, so I have to sneak them here and there when she doesn't know. My little girl is almost 5 and is so grown up and mature--my biggest helper with the baby and around the house!

What would spring be without bugs? Rolly Polly's abound and must be shown to Mommy, but I refuse to keep them as pets. Sorry kids. Mom has limits!

I love having a spring baby. The outdoors calms him right down and he usually falls asleep immediately, but if not he sits contentedly, observing the beautiful world around him. I am blessed with a happy, content baby!

My cousin bought the kids bubbles, a perfect activity for them while I fed the baby and watched, taking in motherhood and the warm fuzzy feeling it gives me.



Those chubby cheeks get kissed. A lot. 

I can't decide what my favorite season is in Texas, but right now I would have to say spring. We're spending it outside, enjoying friends, walks, the park and play dates. It's a good time to reflect on new life and how the Lord Jesus Christ will give us new life if we only believe and ask!


Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Mary said...

LOVE all the pictures!

James and Emily said...

I love spring time as well! There is just something about getting out doors after being cooped up all winter. :) Isn't your Moby just the greatest?! I still use mine all time! Btw: Love the new blog look!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that you little guy is already 6 weeks old!!! WOW! Seems like you were pregnant just yesterday. Must be great to be able to see your feet again, huh? :)

I LOVE your new blog look...especially the header. Gorgeous!

Popular Posts