Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Birthday Week

I celebrated my 25th birthday this week. 25 is a big deal to me--you know, that whole quarter of a century thing. I feel old, but then in another way, I've been married for 5 1/2 years and we have almost 3 kids. So maybe it's about time I became a little older. :) I got to celebrate for the whole week because one of my best friends, Felicia, was here for a visit!

This is what happens when friends visit for your birthday. They make chocolate butter cookies with peanut butter frosting...they were as good as they sound. No, better, actually.
 My sweetest gifts of all :). 
 My birthday itself was pretty uneventful. We shopped for few hours, had lunch, and had a little party that night. The week itself was the best part--I love having other adults around to talk to all day (which she may not have as appreciated as much;).
Another night, we made these deep dish chocolate chip cookies. Tip: make a few more than the recipe calls for, because they are better just a little thinnner. And chill the dough! It makes a diffference! They are amazing!
 Proof that I'm still trying to eat somewhat healthy, despite the previous pictures. (Hey, it was my birthday!) This "Skinny Cheeseburger soup" was awesome. (Can't find the link right now--I'll insert it later). I used part ground turkey and part 96/4 ground beef, added zuchinni,  topped it off with low fat cheese and tons of cayenne--which, of course, is optional.
 The weather here was unseasonably warm this week. We walked to the park and let the kids play while we talked and solved the worlds problems.
 When we came home for lunch, the kids had a little picnic outside. Seriously, 75 and sunny in January?! How can you beat that?!
 The day before Feli had to leave, we went out for breakfast and then a nice long day of Outlet shopping. Having Nate at breakfast with us was a real treat. :)
It was such a fun week. I have SO much to be grateful for--I'm so blessed! :) Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! Now I officially feel old...I will be the big 3-0 next month. Ooof. Depressing. :) Glad you had a good birthday!! You deserved it!

Felicia said...

SO happy I got to spend the week with you! <3 <3 Fun times. ;)

Jolene said...

25 IS a big deal, and I'm so glad you had such a great week! Those "week-long celebrations" are so much more fun that just a "day celebration" anyway!

Happy {belated} Birthday, sweet friend!

Popular Posts