Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sure, Dude

This little guy is full of it. He is constantly coming up with new phrases and words that make me do a double take, like, "did he really just say that?" Here's a few things he said recently that I wanted to write down so I didn't forget.

 On the flights this week, the kids were really good. I can say that because it's not always the case. I even fell asleep for a few minutes while they sat quietly and read! Anyway, a lady turned around when the plane landed and commented on how good they were. Then she looked at Joe and said, "You are SO cute!"
 Without skipping a beat, he replied, "I know."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 One of our landings was a little rough and we"crashed" to the ground pretty suddenly. "I LOVE IT!" yelled my crazy 2 year old.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brookie was very tired and started crying in the car at one point because she had unbuckled herself and Nate told her she needed to get buckled. She got a hold of herself pretty quickly, and Joe Joe reported, "sissy doesn't have an at-er-tude".
~~~~~~~~~~~
 Driving in the car on the way home from church, the kids and I were having a conversation about the verse "be ye kind," and what it means. I told them we needed to be kind and sweet when we talk to each other. 
 "OK?" I said.
 "OK," Joe Joe replied. And then louder, "SISSY! SAY OK!" (hmm..well that was kind)
 I told them that it makes Jesus very happy when we are sweet to each other, so God was obviously on their minds. 
After a few minutes of silence, Joe said, "Mommy I'm happy! God made me happy." Then, he talked to God about it.
 "GOD?!!" (God obviously replied, because Joey's next words were) "Sure. Sure dude."


 We may have the kindness thing down, but we might need to work on respect in the area of talking to God.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, at least your children are getting the "kindness thing" down a bit better than mine are. LOL!!! I sometimes wonder if Jacob will make it to the age of 2?!? Ha ha.

I love what Joey says...such a typical boy!! It is so nice to document all these moments as that is just what they are...moments... that will be forgotten if they are not recorded. So funny!!! :)

Deb said...

I am lol at this post =) He is hysterical! Love ya Joe-Joe ;) !!!!

Jolene said...

What a cutie-patootie! Love his at-er-tude! :-)

Victoria said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Kara said...

Oh, my goodness!!! Joe Joe is sooo hilarious!!!! I love talking to him!! :D

Popular Posts