Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Cookies and Christmas Eve

As soon as I arrive home we get right to Christmas festivities.

 First things first--baking!




(a break to throw in a picture of our Christmas stockings to be filled for 2 parents, 9 kids, 2 sons-in-law and 3 grandkids. Probably our favorite part of opening gifts :)
A small part of what we made in 2 days of baking!

Poppy loves to tell stories, and the kids love to listen. And I love this picture.
On Christmas Eve morning, we opened presents from siblings. Each year we draw names and pick one person to buy for. Because there are 11 of us, including our husbands, it takes a while to open them. :)

We always go one person at a time (even the kids) so that everyone can see and enjoy what the others are receiving. 

Nate and I had our kids open their gifts from us, and they gave daddy his presents too.

And what would Christmas be without one good family picture?!

Michael giving Nonnie her present from him
My kids LOVE their Uncle Pat :)

Our Christmas Eve tradition is having an open house for the whole church. This year was the first year my dad made pizzas. He also smoked pork and a turkey...yum! All of the guest bring their best side dishes, desserts and drinks and it turns into quite the feast!
Brooklynne has made a few friends here now that she's a little older. Really special!
The feast all laid out. The food eventually grew to fill another whole table and even onto the counters. There was a lot.
Of course, spending the holidays with my family and best friends is really special for me, too. Not sure how much longer it will last so I cherish every year that we are able to make it!

Christmas day is a whole 'nother post in itself...I will slowly but surely get my holidays posted!

3 comments:

Deb said...

This has been one of the best Christmas seasons ever!!!

Jolene said...

Family, friends, food... what gets better than that?!

I still need to post my holiday posts, too, so you're ahead of me!

We also love to open our gifts one person or one gift at a time so that everyone can enjoy seeing what each person received. It also helps the gift-opening time to stretch out longer and that is always a good thing!

Unknown said...

You are way ahead of me in posting your Christmas!!! Ooof...I am so behind. :(

Looks like you had (are having...not sure when you go back to TX) a great time! The children just love Christmas, don't they? What a special time of year. Your cookies look yummy too. :)

Popular Posts