Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby #3, Months 7 & 8!

Once again, I've gotten a little behind in pregnancy updates, so I'm posting 2 months in 1. :)

Month 7

28.5 weeks :)
At my 28 week glucose test I tested positive for gestational diabetes, but it's pretty common to get a false positive after the one hour test. I knew this was probably the case since I was only about 3 points over, but of course I had to test again. Since I was going out of town I had to prick my finger, read my sugar levels and record them 4 times a day for a week. This happened to be over Christmas week so I was eating more sugar than normal and I never once was high. Sometimes I was even a little lower than the "normal" range! Praise the Lord everything was normal! I grew a lot in month 7, and right around 30 weeks started noticing Braxton Hicks pretty often. I get so happy each time I have one because I know my body is preparing and practicing to get that baby out. :)


Month 8
32.5 weeks

I officially.feel.huge. :) Although I've measured 2 weeks behind for the last few months, I still feel like I'm a lot bigger than I usually am. I'm hoping that the fact that I'm measuring small might mean I'll have a small baby, but by the looks of me I can't be so sure. ;)
I'm still feeling great, besides the normal sore feet/tiredness. (I'm sure staying up until 1am doesn't help that). One thing I'm SO thankful for is that my back has not hurt more than it normally does. Two years ago at this time I was in excruciating pain with a herniated disk and the fact that I can still function like normal and even exercise on an almost daily basis at 8 months pregnant is truly a gift from God that I do not take for granted. 
Nothing else has changed much since last month, other than braxton hicks becoming occasionally crampy (which my Dr. said is fine, as long as it's not regular) and this also makes me happy to know that my body is preparing to get this baby out in a month and a half or so. The more prep it does now, the easier it will be later! :) Or at least I hope so!

Until next month...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You look very cute pregnant. :) You really grew between the two months too...good to know baby is growing and thriving!!! Praying for you in these final weeks and can't wait to meet your new little blessing.

Julia said...

Awww... You look amazing!!! Can't wait to see him <3

Jolene said...

You look GREAT!!!

James and Emily said...

You look great, Jenna! Almost there!

Jubilena said...

You look wonderful! I usually balloon out during those months too. I personally think that contractions/cramps do help in the end. Just watch that they don't get too good too soon (be sure to rest as needed) ... (I speak from experience!!!! ~ you don't want your little guy to spend time in the NICU!) I will be praying for you as the time gets closer.

Popular Posts