Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Day in the Life: Week 1 and 2

I wrote about my project to take a photo a day for the whole year. I titled it "A Day in the Life" because they will mostly be fun candid shots from our daily life. I'm hoping to post weekly, but since I was out of town, here are the first two weeks. Enjoy!
January 1: Michael was reaching for Granpy's hand and I happened to catch the candid moment of him leaning down to hold his hand and talk to him.
 January 2nd: Watching the snow fall at Poppy and Nonnie's
 January 3rd: Sweet, laughing Lydia
 January 4th: He wanted chocolate but had to take a bite of his salad first. This is his distraught face. Sadly, he never got the chocolate and just ended up going to bed because he wouldn't nibble on a tiny piece of lettuce. ;p
 January 5th: There was NO snow, but Poppy took us to a place that makes snow and there wasn't anyone else there! Fake snow is really icy so the kids had more fun sliding down on their rear ends. :)
 January 6th: My growing, 31.5 week belly. 
 January 7th: Our annual bestie's weekend! Full of laughs, the best talks at 4:00am, shopping, chick food...and Starbucks, of course :)
 January 8th: Dad's incredible homemade Italian bread. Accompanied by Sunday sauce of course :)
 January 9th: Dinner with my family. We are serious about our food.
 January 10th: On our way back home to Texas! We are happy that daddy is here or we might just stay at Poppy and Nonnie's forever ;)
 January 11th: I'll admit it. I forgot to take a (good) picture this day. Instead, I had taken this and texted it to one of my friends because we have a common love for hummus and sun dried tomatoes. So, needless to say, it had to become my picture of the day! ;)
 January 12th: I had actually already taken a super cute picture on my camera, but when I saw my kids waiting for daddy to come home like this, I snapped the picture on my phone and couldn't resist making it the POTD. It makes me smile.
 January 13th: After a Dr.'s appointment, we stopped at Chick-fil-A for lunch before grocery shopping. The firetruck parked out front was pretty cool...and Joe insisted that his leftover chicken strips be in the picture too. Seriously, he wouldn't take the picture unless he was holding them!
January 14th: Brookie wants a picture of her, Joe and her new tea set. Joe has other plans for how the picture should turn out.
January 15th: My handsome little stud in his new fedora hat

5 comments:

Deb said...

Joe looks SO handsome in that last pic! Love his hat!
Loved all the pics! <3

Jolene said...

Love your new "picture a day" project. Even the hummus was a good idea... keeps your project more random and more fun! Great job!

Pollock Family said...

I LOVE the picture of the day idea. What a great way to journal about the whole year. Such adorable pics. :)

Unknown said...

These are really great pictures! Such wonderful moments captured...good job! Joey is getting SO manly looking too...what a hunk! :)

Rachel Barkowski said...

I *love* this picture-a-day idea...I'm going to try to do the same - you inspired me! :-)

Popular Posts