Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blogging Catch Up

I've been on a roll with blogging for a while, but I fell off the wagon this week. Hopefully not for long. I love blogging. Even if I didn't have one reader, to have an online journal of our lives that I can go and look back on is so special to me! 
 So besides not blogging, here is what we've been up to. My poor bare windows finally got curtains after almost 2 years of living in this house!
 Me and my (at the time) 9.5 week belly ironed all 3 huge sets. Brookie was very intrigued by an iron and ironing board and what they do. Apparently she has never seen her Mother iron before in her life.
 The kids help was enlisted to hold everything up and I couldn't resist snapping a picture of their poor little hard working selves.
 Trust me, this did not last long.
 Annnnnd....a little peek at what my windows now look like! I'll be doing a full "Before and After" of the rooms in my house when I'm done so I didn't quite want to show the whole thing. But you get the idea.
 Also on the agenda has been trying new recipes. I recently joined pinterest and have never been more inspired in my life! Recipes, home decorating ideas, photo shoot inspiration, etc, etc, etc. This week we'll be trying Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken, Healthy Spinach Lasagna Rolls, and picture here is Chicken Enchilada soup which was SO easy (done in the crock pot) and delicious! I doused mine with a good bit of cayenne pepper. Seems that I can't get enough spice in my food these days. :)I served it with cornbread and tada, a 15 minute prep-time meal!  Click on the links and try some new recipes!  
 Of other things we've been up to--taking pictures of our son who peeled off the foil that was over the leftover cornbread, plopped himself down Indian Style in the corner of the kitchen and proceeded to help himself. He did this without a chair or assistance and I still can't figure out how he reached it.
The dog ate the crumbs.
 In our spare time we like to wrestle. Or at least daddy does. Mommy watches and smiles and feels very blessed to see such a happy family playing on the floor.

Devotions every night before bed are just about our favorite time of the night. Brookie always says, "daddy, can you read long"? Every single night. Nate normally just reads a chapter or so and then they all pray.
Sometimes certain children do not sit very well...
...and must be corrected.
Brookie loves to cuddle and listen to the Bible being read by her daddy.
And speaking of recipes, I think I might have finally perfected a delicious chicken stir fry! Served with brown rice and baked egg rolls, a delicious "take out" night without the fat, salt and msg! :)
As I said before, I'm working on creating beautiful spaces in my home. We're doing one space at a time and as money allows. We got some letters for the kitchen,
and the kids were very involved in watching and "helping". And here I was again, in the middle of cleaning up dinner but taking pictures instead!
When Nate said they could paint when he was done, someone was just a little thrilled
and someone else was not
But then he got a turn and everything was all better.
I realize I need to get on the other side of the camera more, so here's a 3 month belly shot for you. I'll be doing my 3 month post soon, but just wanted to leave you with my growing bump!
The kids love Mommy's belly and always kiss it and ask about the baby. Joe  Joe says it's a "girl boy" so we shall see! :)
I think that is all the news for now. I'm finally caught up and will see you all in a few days for a pregnancy update! Have a wonderful week, friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're house is going to be super gorgeous by the time you are finished!!! So exciting! :) Love your blog!!! <3 And I teared up when it came to the devotions section! :) I love it during our family devotions when the kids ask questions, and it amazes me sometimes at the stuff they already know! Love you Jen! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Your curtains look beautiful!!! Good job! I love the devotion time pictures...we have a child like your Joey...he also has a horrible time sitting still. LOL! I can TOTALLY relate to that picutre...and Nate's face??? Priceless. HA!

anna said...

Cute post and pics!! I love the belly one! I can't believe how much you're popping out. Normally you don't look like that till ur about 6 mo along!

Deb said...

You look amazing!!! These pics are SO precious!!
Love you

Pollock Family said...

Just want you to know, you have the most adorable children. There were lots of Awww's on this side of the screen. Love your blog, always.

Tina

Popular Posts