Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Documenting the Moments

I want to hire a full time photographer and videographer to document my life. Seriously, I wish I could. There are so many moments throughout my days that I never want to forget. I don't want to forget what his laugh sounded at age almost 2, or the sound of her little voice telling me stories at age just turned 4. The teasing and giggling, the made up songs, the fights, screaming and crying. I don't want to forget any of it. 

I don't want to forget paper bag mask's that the kids loved but the dog hated , barking and growling every time he saw it.
I want to hear this little laugh forever.
I don't want to forget the clinking on the piano amidst toys strewn all over the play room.
I don't want to forget what his chubby hands looked like playing with his Little People.
I don't want to forget the excitement in her face when I said it was time to paint her nails,
...or how cute her little toes looked when we were all done
The way he looks at his sister, copies everything she does and says, admires her...I want it etched in my memory forever.
I don't want to forget how his face looked when I showed him his picture in the camera
Or how her little fingers so proudly displayed the finished product of our manicure
And speaking of copying, I don't want to forget how he wanted to show off his fingers too...after all, I had just clipped his nails.

There will be a lot I forget. I've probably forgotten a lot of what happened yesterday, but I'm documenting what I can in pictures and video's. Like every Mom I mourn that they can't stay little forever, but then again I embrace and love every stage they are in. That's life I guess. And I'm loving, enjoying and trying my best to document all our little moments--on camera and in my mind.
Have a great weekend, friends! Go make and preserve some memories today!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

This is just a precious post Jen! The Lord has blessed u with some amazing kids. I am so happy to see what a great mommy u are! It inspires me. Love u and ur kiddos so much!! :-)

Popular Posts