Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Weekend with Strawberry & Crandle Soup

This was supposed to be posted earlier in the week, but is just now getting there. Seeing it's almost this weekend it's a little late, but I thought I would post it anyway.

This weekend was pretty uneventful--we spent Friday night with friends, and Nate had to work most of the morning and afternoon on Saturday. I had made a big crockpot of beans and greens for dinner, Brooklynne's favorite.

The kids made "soup"--strawberry and "crandle". Not sure where "crandle" came from, but It was delicious ;)

 Nate broke out some games to play...
 ...operation was a little complicated for the kids. There was a lot of buzzing going on.
My hubby bought me some of my favorite cookes--oh, what a happy Saturday it was! A few hours later my friend knocked on the door with another package--what are the odds? Needless to say I indulged this weekend on the pink frosted goodness. The indulging has carried into the week.

"Trouble" was a lot easier for the kids...
...and competitive between Mommy and Daddy. Brookie won, fair and square and I insisted we keep playing after that. And then I won. Just thought I would throw that in there.
Do you remember this game as a kid? It's awesome.
Saturday night ended with a walk which hasn't happened in a while because of us being gone and how I've been feeling these days. But it was a beautiful night and I couldn't resist.
What a life.
My Saturday night snack was strawberries that I cut up and put in the freezer so they would be icy cold. I topped them with a little whipped cream....heavenly!

Our Saturday night ended with prayer before bed, as every night does. Joe Joe's famous prayer, "Thank you Jesus.....thank you Jesus.....thank you Jesus....(smiles and look around..giggles...)... Daddy helps him finish the prayer while we all smile and hold back the laughs. Oh, the faith of a child. ;)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Strawberry and CRANDLE soup??? Ha ha...only a child would think that name up! Cute!!! I love days like that where daddy takes the lead and entertains the children...it is sooo cute to watch them interact! :)

Popular Posts