Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

My Birthday!

On Saturday, I turned the ripe old age of 22! :) I have to say that I think I had the best birthday so far. My wonderful husband woke me up singing "Happy Birthday" with a plate of yummy breakfast-in-bed. Of course Brookie had to help me eat it! :)


Later on we went here for dinner! Oh my I was so excited the entire time because I LOVE this place and hadn't been there for a few years. Nate was laughing at how crazy and excited I was :).
The best thing about Carraba's: The BREAD and Oil. OOhhh my goodness we ate over 2 loaves! It's amazing!


O.K. I understand that this is a weird picture of me but you have to see this awesome calamari that we got for an appetizer. Nothing in the world like it. The birthday just keeps getting better!

Octopus anyone??? It's delicious. Brookie is, as always, a true Italian baby and gobbled it right up!



Thankfully they did not make a scene by singing "Happy Birthday". they just brought me out this ice cream with Carmel topping. After we had eaten all that, plus Lobster Ravioli for our entree', I couldn't even eat one bite of my dessert. :)

We had such a great time! And afterwards, my AWESOME husband (once again) surprised me with a NEW CAMERA!!! It's amazing! I've been taking pictures like crazy. That will be another post in itself. :)


I made it through another year with God's grace. The Lord has given me such a special little family of my own and I am so thankful!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, so I feel REALLY old now! I will be 27 in a month...I can't believe how young you are! Anyway, enjoy it and again, happy birthday!!

Arianna said...

It sounds like you had a good birthday! Cute pictures. And 'the ripe old age of 22' ...you're funny ;)
I've never been to that restaurant, but the food looks ummm...interesting. OK, I'll be honest. Everything but the bread and ice cream looked gross ;0
Sorry, but I can't put little blobby things with legs on them in my mouth. LOL. Still, I'm glad you got to go to a restaurant you enjoy ;) That's always good on special occasions!

Liz said...

Aw, looks like you had a good dinner. And that restaurant is DELICIOUs!

The Reynolds said...

Happy 22nd Jen! I remember you telling Amy that she got to be 'the old geezer next' b/c you had just turned 18 and she was almost 18!~Juli

Sarah P said...

ohhh! cute post Jen! It looks like you had a great time, even though that food looks a little scary :) :)

Katie said...

AAWWWWW......It looks like a great birthday.... OLD age dear... no your not old...lol...cause I'm not ;o) A new Camera!!!!! YEAH!!!! What kind???

Victoria said...

I LOVE their lobster ravioli!! Happy Birthday!:)

arielle said...

So excited for you about the new camera.. woohoo.. and i could totally go for some of that calamari!! YUM I love that...

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had such an awesome day!! All the food looks amazing:)
Love ya!
Deb

Anonymous said...

Cute pics Jen...
Can't wait to see you again

Popular Posts