Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Mommy Survey

Hollie tagged me to do this survey. I cheated and removed some questions as it was very long and left in the ones I thought meant more to me! :)


How long have you been a Mom? 20 months tomorrow!

How old were you when you became a Mom? 20 years old

How many children call you Mommy? One (although she calls me "Jenna" a lot, too :)

Girl? Boy? or both? One precious little girl!

How did you find out you were pregnant? My sister-in-law convinced me that I was, so I took a test in the middle of the day. Since it was so early it took about 20 minutes to show up a tiny second pink line

What were your reactions? Totally shocked, tears, going crazy inside.

Who did you tell first? My Sis-in-law! She lived next door and was waiting for me to tell her, so I ran over screaming, "IT WAS POSITIVE!!!!!" She gave me a big hug and I just kept saying, "I can't believe it, oh my word, I can't believe it".

Was abortion an option for you? You mean murder? No, it was NEVER and option.

Did you have morning sickness? I was very nauseous all the time for the first 3 months but never threw up.

What did you crave? Guacamole for a few days, other than that I would have sporadic cravings, like a krispy kreme doughnut or a hot dog. Then I would eat it and be fine. :)

Who/what irritated you the most? Haha! I was pretty emotional but can't think of one thing imparticular.

Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? Thrift stores! :) They have the good brands for cheap and always had an awesome selection. (They have the BEST thrift stores here)

Did you have a baby shower? Yes, 2 of them! One in NY and one here after Brookie was born.

How did you know when it was time to go to hospital? I was induced, so I wasn't in labor yet.

Who drove you to the hospital? Nate, with my Mommy in the back seat.

How long were you in labor? 6 hours, from the time my doctor broke my water to the time she was in my arms!

Was it natural or C-section? Natural-- I was very blessed to have no complications.

Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I was very determined not to, and I stuck with it! I had it totally drug free and would definitely do it again that way.

Time of birth? 3:56pm

Who was in the room when baby was born? My husband, so loving and supportive, my Mom ( Could not have done it without her!), my AMAZING doctor and nurse (Erin! I still remember her, she was incredible) some technicians, and a black man whom I did not know.

Weight? 6 pounds, 13 ounces

Length? 20.5 inches

Any hair? yes, brown hair!

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 40 pounds :(

Was baby early or late? 8 days early

What's your favorite thing about being a Mom? Someone to be with all day long when I'm home! The new things that she does every day, the way she makes me laugh and the way she loves me so much.

How did you come up with the name? I loved the name Brooke but wanted it to be a little longer. So I added "Lynne" to the end of Brooke. We named her middle name, Nicole, after my Mom. Thus, Brooklynne Nicole!

One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom? Partying and staying up late! :) I keep Brooke on a very good schedule when we are at home, but I REFUSE to leave somewhere early just because my child has to go to bed.

When the kid is napping, you are: WORKING OUT!! IT'S ME TIME! On the computer, reading my Bible, cleaning.

When did baby start sleeping through the night? 5 weeks old.

What’s your favorite activity with baby? Everything, really. I love reading to her, I love dancing and laughing with her (yes, we are quite the sight dancing together :) I LOVE when she sucks her thumb and lays on my shoulder. Being a Mom is the best thing in the world!

8 comments:

arielle said...

Awww so cute!! :-)

Nikki said...

Great answers!

The growing Fabry Family said...

awww cute... but YES you did SHORTEN it quite a bit :) HAHA!!! I probably should have too...

Liz said...

That's a cute survey,

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I want in too :)!
You are such a good mommy! You are so blessed to have had a wonderful complication-free delivery!! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

aww THats such a cute survey!

Sarah P said...

Aww, what a cute survery Jenna!

anna said...

AWWWW, that's really cute!

Popular Posts