Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My walk with the LORD

I am overwhelmed with happiness and I want to share it with you all. This year has already been so wonderful. God is so good!

I started a reading through your Bible in year program that has been so awesome. A pastor at my dad's church was handing out these nice calender booklets with what you are supposed to read written on each day. There is room for notes on the bottom of every month so you can write sermon notes or anything the Lord speaks to you about.

So each day I've been reading 2 chapters in the OT, 1 chapter in Psalms, 1 chapter in Proverbs and 1 chapter in the NT. I have to tell you that I've never read the Bible this way before and I LOVE IT! Because of the variety in each different book I read, I feel as though I'm overflowing with God's goodness by the time I'm done. But not only that, I'm convicted about some area in my life that I'm lacking and I'm also thinking about where I'm headed and if I want to be like that person that I just read about. Here's some things I've been reading:



The other day in Gen., I read about Lot. I was literally sickened reading how he offered the men of Soddom his daughters and told them that they could do whatever they wanted. These girls were pure and yet in Lot's mind it didn't seem to matter. It left me thinking about how far sin can really take you if you let it. He had lived in Soddom for so long that his thinking was literally changed. His senses were dulled and things that would have mattered to him a few years ago no longer even caused him to bat an eye! It caused me to think about what my own conscience has been dulled to in this world that we live today where evil is so readily accepted.



In Mathew I was blessed to read the account once again of the 5 loaves and 2 fishes. What the Lord can do with the little that we have if we only offer it to him. Since moving here and becoming a part of my husband's church, the Lord has used the little talent that I have in so many ways. I have been able to sing, play the piano on Wednesday nights and Sunday's if my MIL is out of town. My brother-in-law just started a new singing group and asked me to be the piano player since they will be doing a lot by ear or using songs without much accompaniment written for it. Everyone knows that this is my specialty because I get so stressed out when I have to sight ready harder pieces of music in front of other people! So the Lord has taken the little that I had--playing by ear-- and is using it for his glory.



In Psalms I was filled with hope as I read of the Lord's mercies and long suffering to the righteous. My friend Jessica lost her baby girl at 7 months along in her pregnancy. If she does get pregnant again, it will be a very high risk pregnancy. She will have to give herself shots in the stomach 2-3 times a day. Her anemia will be worse. She has ulcerative colitis so that only adds to everything. At the time she lost her girl, JoLynn she had only gained 5 pounds. Reading verses of hope in the Psalms shows me that God has a great plan for her. We just have to wait and see what it is!



In Proverbs I've been convicted about being a gracious woman. I don't know if people would describe me as that. I doubt it and I definitely wouldn't say it about myself! As a woman, the Lord requires many things of me. I'm just hoping to live up to some of them!

I just had to share that with you. I'm so excited about what the Lord has done in my life already. I feel so much closer to him that I did last year! I'm so thankful for what he's shown me!

3 comments:

Liz said...

thanks for sharing that Jen! I'm doing the same thing with the calendar, and I'm really enjoying it.

Unknown said...

Hey, I have the SAME thing! I love it too and my husband and I enjoy reading the same thing and comparing notes. We've done the calendar for the past 2 years and it is so convenient because of the variety and it keeps you on track! Love it! Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

I love the variety of this plan, too! It's also my first time doing it any way besides just "straight through". And I love that Damon and I are reading the same thing every day! Definately, this has been a huge blessing! Glad to hear you're enjoying it just as much. :-)

Popular Posts