Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The New Year

We celebrated New Years Eve with a church service Wedensday evening and then came home to party and eat! Marks Pizza makes the best pizza ever and we ordered that which I was pretty happy about because I never get it here! :)


Claire and I at church with Claire showing off her new engagement ring :)

I LOOK AWFUL!! But this was the only picture we got of us on New Years Eve 2008!

Chowing Down on Marks.

Felicia and me right after church


My Mom and Cola didn't last the whole night, but neither did I. Nate had to wake me up at 11:59pm so that I would be up for the New Year. Then I went straight to bed! I was such a party pooper!


My friend Jess came over on New Years Day because our husbands went snowboarding and we did a new work out video she got. It was so awesome! This is her little girl sitting with my dad and watching Pooh! So cute!
Later on New Years, we went to Katie's house (there is a link for her blog on the right). We couldn't stay very long but we played games while we were there and took pictures in our matching sweaters .

Walking out to the car to go to our next party...I have such beautiful sisters!


Our next party was at my Aunt's house. Brookie has bugles on the ends of her fingers. She loved them!
We ended the day with $90.00 worth of Chinese food!!! What a better way to start off the New Year! Look at it all....oh it was SO GOOD. For some reason Chinese is so much better up there than it is here.
To end this post, I want to leave you with some memories of 2008. It was such a great year for me! Arianna tagged me to do this so I thought it would be a good opportunity!
Remembering 2008
A good book I read: Although I LOVE to read, I just don't have much time for that anymore. However, I did read " Shiloh August", a wonderful book about the great depression and how a few farmers and their families survived it.
A great film/movie I watched: I have to say that the movie "Fireproof" was probably the best movie I have ever seen. Although the acting was not the best (though it was good), the message of the movie has stuck with me!
A new place I visited: Breckenridge, Colorado! We went with Nate's family back in August. The scenery was breathtaking. I loved it there!
An inspiring verse or quote I read: Many inspiring verses in the Bible, but here's a funny one I learned this year. "Somewhere inside me there is a thin person longing to get out. I can usually sedate him with 2 or 3 cupcakes." :)
A discovery I made: How much fun it is to have a toddler! How much easier it is than having a newborn! :)
A new skill I acquired: Sadly, I can't think of a specific one that comes to mind. Although I did become a much better housekeeper this year, that's not a skill!
A lesson I learned: What a true friend is. I've had some talk about me and my family behind my back and I know that it's hard to learn to really trust anyone, especially when they smile and act so nice to your face and do otherwise behind your back.
A few moments I will always remember: This was only supposed to be one thing, but I changed it so that I can list some highlights of 2008.
1) When my sister started courting. She'd had a rough year and I was so happy that she had found someone that would make her fulfilled and happy!
2) When my little girl turned One. Such a big moment in every child's life! We had a big party with pasta and meatballs and of course cake and ice cream! Other moments: when she started walking, when she cut her first tooth and when she noticed her first "baby" and has loved them ever since!
3) When Nate and I went on our 2 year anniversary trip for 4 whole days! It was heaven! Our first anniversary we only got to go over-night because Brooke was only 6 weeks old and I couldn't really stay away for more than a day and a half. Anyway, this year we went to San Antonio, stayed in a gorgeous hotel and had an amazing time on the river-walk, shopping, eating and laying around in our hotel room watching TV! :) It was so relaxing!
4) The day we left, my friend Jessica was waiting at home knowing that her baby was dead in her womb and she would deliver a few days later. I will never forget when I got the call that little JoLynn had gone home to be with Jesus at 7 months along. She weighed a little over 1 pound and was about 12 inches long, sweet, tiny and beautiful. It's been a long year for Jess but the Lord has given her grace and she's doing very well.
The list could go on and on! I'm just thankful for another great year that the Lord has brought us through and for the opportunity to do more for him in this coming year!
Happy 2009!!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

those were cute picture!

Katie said...

As I was reading this it really made me think of all 2008 brought though I am very happy to be in 2009!!!I am so blessed to have a God over all...!!!! and that pic of our house... everyone posted with out CROPPING our junk out.....LOL...I'm glad you could come.. it was nice to talk to you the little time we had..:)

Katie said...

Aww.. I know I already posted :) But the pic of you and Felicia is sooo cute:)

priscilla joy said...

You do have cute sisters, but you seriously look like you are 19! Looks like a fun New Years Eve time!

Popular Posts