Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A little Update

** I tried to change my layout before this post but something is wrong with the website so I can't! I realize that it's no longer Christmas :)**

**I left my camera at my parents house. It should be here in a few days, but for now I can't post any pictures**

Hello Everyone!
I realize it's been a while since I posted. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years just like me! As you know I was able to go home for the Holidays this year and I have to say it was in the top couple Christmas' I've ever had. We had no delays on our flights and arrived at my parents house around 7pm for their Christmas Eve open house. There were about 100 people there so it was a little overwhelming! :) It was so much fun that night, spending time with friends, opening gifts, eating and seeing people that I hadn't seen in a while.
That night lasted until about 3am, but who can sleep in on Christmas morning? Not us! :) My Mom really went all out and the tree was mounded with presents for all of us! We exchanged gifts for over an hour I think! Brookie of course was spoiled with a ton of clothes, toys and books from Nonnie and Poppy, her 7 aunts and 1 Uncle.
The rest of the day was spent at my Grandma's house where we had a big brunch along with a deep fried turkey! I've never had one before and it was delicious! My aunt's new husband is an amazing cook and he was the one who did it, faithfully standing outside in the snow to cook it!

The rest of the trip was spent shopping (several times of course), bowling, partying, eating, talking and playing ping pong. Nate also got to go snowboarding with my brother and soon to be brother-in-law! My sister got engaged the day before Christmas Eve! :) Her ring is so pretty and of course I will post pictures of it when I get my camera. One night her and her bridesmaids (me included :) stayed up late watching a girly movie and talking and being VERY weird :) . The next morning my dad made us the BEST breakfast ever, then we left to go to Joann's to look at material, patterns and flowers. It was a fun day of wedding planning and we finished it off by eating at Burger King at the mall. I know...we are cheap. We could have eaten at a nice girly place but that is where we ended up because some of us don't like spending money! :) (And it's not me)

Well, I don't want to bore you too much. I prefer pictures over a journal of what happened anyway, so I will let the pictures do the talking when I get them. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Arianna said...

It's good to hear from you, Jen! It sounds like your Christmas this year...um, I mean last year (still can't get over the new year thing...), was awesome! I would have to say that my Christmas was the best I've ever had, too. My whole family couldn't be there, which was a bummer, but it was still fun! The holiday left me with a lot of sweet memories ;)

Unknown said...

You know, I had the same problem putting a new background on my blog, so I had to try again another day...it was frusterating! As always, love to read your posts! Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

Sarah P said...

It was great to see you again Jenna! Didn't get to see you much, but everything was sooo busy! Hope that you get your layout figured out, and your camera back!

Amy said...

It was great to see you again Jenna!- and your little Brookie in person, all in passing though..:( Glad you had such a fun christmas!!
Hopefully next time I'll have a chance to chat with you.:)

Popular Posts