Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Back

Today was my second chiropractor appointment and it went very well
All during my pregnancy I had horrible lower back pain, sometimes so excruciating I could hardly move. Afterwards, it got a little better of course, but has always been there nagging me when I would get out of bed. I have a horrible habit of cracking it a lot myself just to get some relief ( I also crack my fingers and neck...but we'll save that for another time :)
Why I waited 15 months to finally go for an adjustment was because of insurance deductibles, but I had finally had enough and it was traveling down into the back of my thighs. I couldn't sit for very long without having to stand because I get pins and needles in the backs of my legs.
One of my best friends, Veronica, works at a clinic so I went for an adjustment almost 2 weeks ago. They took x-rays and we said that we would look them over at the next appointment.
The adjustment did wonders for me, and I had relief for about 8 days but then it started coming back. I went again today and looked over my x-rays with Collette, the chiropractor. She says that my pelvic and hips are out of whack (makes sense after you push a baby through there that it would be messed up!). Also, my neck has no curve at all; she will be showing me exercises to do for my neck ,and to strengthen my core.
She says that I will heal and I have to go weekly until I do. Last week the left side of my neck didn't move, but this time it eventually did which she was happy about. I'm glad that she will be able to work it all out, because I'm 21 years old for crying out loud! I shouldn't have to feel like this!
I'm just happy to finally be getting some relief from this annoying pain in my lower back, and hoping that I will not have such bad pain during my next pregnancy!

5 comments:

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

I didn't know you had such bad problems with your back--that is not fun! Hope you will get better. One time I went to a physical therapist for lower back exercises and it really did help.

Victoria said...

I didn't start going to a chiropractor until my 4th pregnancy. What a difference in the labor and deliveries!!! Plus, all those headaches I dealt with twice or more a week since I was 5 went away!!! If I only knew 25 years earlier. Oh well. Some of my kids go now - Mike because of his scoliosis and Cassia because she gets headaches like I used to. Glad it's working for you, too!

Liz said...

doesn't it feel good to go to a chiropractor??? I normally have to go once a month so I don't get a miagraine...

Rachel Barkowski said...

I go once a month for my lower back, and it makes me feel so much better! Same as Vicki...when I get headaches, I know I need to be adjusted...then they're gone for a few weeks. Amazing what they can do! Glad you're feeling a little better...I'm sure over time you'll feel MUCH better!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you finally went! Hope you get all better soon!
Love ya!

Popular Posts