Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

How life Does Change

Going to the grocery store before having a child:

Decide to Go

Grab Purse

Leave

Approximate time spent getting out of the house: 3 minutes.

Going to the grocery store after having a child:

Decide to go
Wait until baby wakes up from nap
Feed baby
Change baby
Fill sipi cup
Pack snacks
Check to make sure you have diapers and wipes in diaper bag
Pack water bottle for Mom
Pack snacks for Mom
Change babies' clothes, since she got jelly on her shirt from lunch
Put on shoes
Put on babies' shoes
Carry out diaper bag, water bottle, snacks and baby into the car
Buckle baby in car seat
Start car
Stop Car. Run back in house for forgotten grocery list
Run back out to car
Give baby sipi cup since baby is screaming
Pull out of the driveway, exhausted and ready for a nap

Approximate time spent leaving the house: 48 minutes

I know that some of these are exaggerated, but sometimes you forget how easy it used to be...and forget to enjoy how much more fun it is now, even if it is a little crazy!

7 comments:

Julie said...

This is totally true. Haha. Just wait until there is more than one. Then you have MORE to think about. I love being a mom, but there are moments that I long for my "freedom" of just me. :)

Liz said...

that is pretty funny jen...

Sarah P said...

That's a great post Jenna! It really made me laugh, and be glad that I don't have any kids for now :) I love checking your blog - it always filled with something sweet or something funny to laugh about!

Victoria said...

I remember someone asking me what was the biggest surprise about motherhood after my oldest was born. My response: how long it takes to get out of the house to go somewhere.

Felicia said...

That is so true Jen!

Tori said...

That's funny!

14xMommy said...

hehe. Mom says you're doing great if you can do all that in 48 minutes!! :-)

Popular Posts