Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Perspective

In my quest to become an optomist, I have come to realize something.
It's all about perspective and the way you look at life. You can really be in a horrible situation, but finding some good in it will turn it around and help you see the bright side. What did you do? You changed your perspective.

The other day I had a bad afternoon. Thankfully it wasn't the whole day, but a good part of my afternoon was spent sulking and having a pity party for myself, crying on and off about our house situation. I was a stressed out about the thought of packing everything, living with someone else, not knowing exactly when we were going to have another place of our own. I argued with Nate about it over the phone and it was all in all a bad few hours.

It carried over into church that night and I was still having a hard time with everything and feeling extrememly sorry for myself when I walked into the house of God--something else that my dear husband has taught me is not a good idea. So the Lord had to change my heart while I was there. So my bad attitude continued.

Until a friend told me that she recently had blood work come back that was positive for a possibly fatal disease. She's not been married long, pregnant and the disease could pass on to her child.

Suddenly my life wasn't so rough. Suddenly everything that I was going through--if you could even say that--seemed so small in comparison. I cried the whole way home from church and this time it wasn't for myself. It was for the pain that she and her husband were experiencing.

My perspective changed. I looked at it in a different light. There were worse things that could be happening to me right now and this one was nothing to complain about!

More tests were taken and after much prayer, she got more results: Negative! Praise the Lord! If anything, I learned a lesson from this that no matter what comes your way, someone else always has it worse.

The glass is either half full or half empty. May we always live our lives to the fullest that they can possibly be!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Glad your friend will be ok. Glad you are learning lessons that I'm still trying to learn.

Will be praying for your housing situation.

Liz said...

I'll pray for your friend.... Is it someone I heard of?

Popular Posts