Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Benefits of H2O

I have finally started drinking 8 glasses of water a day. I have always loved water, but knew that I never drank enough. Now I have been drinking more because I know it is so good for me. To drink the right amount of water a day, you really have to make a point of it.

Drinking 8 glasses of water a day (or 1/2 of your body weight in ounces) can help:

  • Hydration of internal organs, enabling them to function properly
  • Hydration of skin, keeping it looking fresh and healthy (I like this one!)
  • Weight control
  • Increased energy
  • Alleviating/preventing a variety of ailments and keeping the immune system healthy
  • Regulating body temperature
  • Flushing out waste and toxins
  • Maintaining overall health

We are made up of 70% water, so water is vital to our being! When you drink something caffeinated, drink an extra glass to rehydrate your body. Caffeine can dehydrate you, so make sure you drink extra water if you have a Starbucks or even a tea!

5 comments:

Christina said...

wow jen I'm not going to lie.. that was really boring! lol but your so right... my mom drinks at least 12 glasses of water like every day.. tim is a water freak too... I guess I should be, I try to be more now because it really helps you loose weight also...i just always forget.....

Anonymous said...

yeah Christina, I agree with you, that was pretty boring! But I guess it's true!

Victoria said...

I lost weight the fastest after my 4th baby because I drank a gallon of water a day. Thanks for the reminder. Of course, the ones who think it's boring are still pretty young and don't have to worry about not looking old and fat!:) Not that you have to, either!:)

Unknown said...

I don't think it was boring :o)

Anonymous said...

Not boring at all....I would LOVE to drink that much water every day and I have tried before but I literally have to go to the bathroom every 5-10 minutes, like REALLY bad. And that is not very fun or convenient. I love drinking water though...it grosses me out to drink pop with all that sugar in it and I feel so good about myself when I drink lots of water!!

Popular Posts