Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Reflections of 2007

I'm wondering if you truly have "the best year ever" or if they keep getting better? I feel like that. I guess that last year, I would have said that 2006 was my best year. I got walk down the aisle and meet the love of my life, hold his hand for the first time ever and start our new life together. What a dream!
This year, I became a Mom. What an incredible experience that was! After having her, I wondered why anyone would have more than one kid! :) Being a Mom must be the most rewarding job out there. Brooke is only 7 months, so there aren't too many milestones this year of hers, but I have gotten to watch her smile, start laughing, cooing, eat food and sleep through the night! Yay!
I defiantly have to say that I got a lot closer to Nate this year. Being parents brings you closer together, as everyone always told me. And, we have to make it a priority to have dates and spend time together with just the two of us. When we have those times, they are so special and I never want them to end. Being in love with the man who exceeded all of my dreams is amazing!
This year we had a lot of ups and downs, but mostly ups. Nate lost his job in February, so we got to have a last fling before the baby came. We went to several different places, including South Padre Island (where I got horribly sunburned and thought I killed the baby :( ), San Antonio, Iowa where I met Nate's grandparents and spent 4 wonderful days with them. I got to go to MO for a competition. I had never seen one before and it was pretty intense! After that, we went to NY with my family and got to stay for 3 weeks while he was waiting for his new job to start. I loved being able to be there for that long! :)
My cousin Joey who we had prayed for for years, got saved, along with his girlfriend Patty and they both started coming to church. Now they are planning their wedding! Wow, we rejoiced about that!
I thank God so much for everything that he allowed to happen to teach us and draw us closer to him. Mostly I thank him for the wonderful husband and daughter that he has given me and how much I have to be thankful for.
As for my New Years resolutions? Well, I'll save that for another time. It will take awhile! :)

1 comments:

Victoria said...

May the Lord bless you with a even better year in 2008! Happy New Year, Jenna!

Popular Posts