Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

My New SUV!

My husband is the best. To explain how this all came about, I had called him earlier complaining that Brooke and I were all ready to go out. We ahd some errands to do and then an appointment and the car woulodn't start--and it wasn't the first time! Our '91 Pathfinder with over 200,000 miles on it was definately on it's last leg and not worth putting any money to to fix it. Nate has another car that is a two door sports style and it's being fixed right now and then he is selling it. So, at this point I walked down to Nate's Mom's house to borrow her car. By the time I walked down there and drove back, transfered the carseat, stroller, diaper bag and baby, I leaving a lot later than I wanted to and I was very frustrated. I called my husband again and apologized for being so frustrated beacuse itwasn't his fault!
He told me he had to work late and couldn't go by the car place tonight to see a car that we had seen on the internet for a really good deal. I left (in my Mother-in-laws car) later that night to go to the ladies Christmas party. At night as I was coming homehome, Nate called and said he wanted to meet me at Scooters, a coffie shop really close to our house. He came over to me and said, "I want to show you something", and there was this beautiful Equinox parked in the parking lot! I screamed and jumped up and down and immediatley began opening the doors, looking and sitting inside.
There was a special program in TX going on to get old cars off the road, so we got $3500 for our Pathfinder. Can you imagine? It was a peice of junk!
Now I have this beautiful thing to drive, thanks to my wonderful husband who worked so hard to get it for me and surprise me with it! I went a lot of places yesterday just so that I could drive it a lot! It drives great and I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I LOVE it!! Hopefuly my husband (some day) will be at LEAST half of what Nate is and I would be soooo happy!!
Love ya,
anna

Anonymous said...

Love it! So jealous!

Popular Posts