Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

Amazing Night!

On Thursday night, Nate and I went on another date--twice in two weeks! We're doin' good! :) We had a FABULOUS time. I think it was our best date since the baby has been born since we were gone for over 4 hours! I usually can't leave her for that long but now that she is eating baby food, I have so much more freedom and I love it. Nate's parents watched Brooke and we went out to eat at Shady Grove. It's a classic Austin "hippie" place with a casual atmosphere. I whowfed down a huge burger and fries and we talked for a while. Then we walked down to the trail of lights that they have here every year and I was oohing and aahing the whole time! I love anything Christmas, but especially lights, so I was in my glory. The only thing that we regretted was that we didn't have any cash so I could buy some fried oreos or a funnel cake! :) I guess it was for the best cause I had already eaten way too much at supper.


This was the entrance to it. I know it's kind of blurry, but I didn't want the flash on so you could see the full affect.
I loved this blue tree! The lights were all the way up to the top! This was right near the manger scene.
This is out of order, but this is the entrance again, walking in.
Me and my man more in love than ever! The stars behind us were syncronized to music, which was really cool.

They had a "12 days of Christmas" display that was so cute and creative!
Next year, Brooklynne will be old enough to enjoy it and we will probably bring her. Or, we might be selfish and make it another date night! I guess she would never know what she was missing! :) Either way, I will love to go again. Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year!

3 comments:

Sara N. Smith said...

What an awesome place - the lights are gorgeous! Makes one wish they lived in TX!!! :)

Liz said...

I love nate's jacket!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so pretty! Maybe I'll come down for Christmas next year instead of Thanksgiving!

Popular Posts