Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Nicolas Jay: 8 Months

Nicolas is 8 months old now, really 8 1/2, and sooo much is changing with him I had to do a quick post on what is going on in his life right now.
 I gave up baby books in 2009. ha. So really this is an online baby book for me. Feel free to read along if you wish. :)


He is FIN-A-LLY sleeping through the night (for a month or so now). He started waking up again, so I've let him cry 2-3 nights over the past few weeks but he does great now. 10-11 hours solid, and I'm looking forward to when 12 hours becomes a part of our lives.
 I've noticed a huge change in the solid food area of his life this month. He has cut way down on nursing (not sure how I feel about that) and loves to eat real food. Bread ranks his #1 favorite right now, followed by bananas, sweet potatoes and carrots. This week he tried pizza and was a huge fan. He really eats everything at this point and feeds himself really well! The baby-led weaning style of eating has been so much easier than the way I fed my other kids. I love it!
He's been rocking on his knees and standing on all fours for a few months now, but he won't actually crawl more than a few times before back into scooting where he gets all over the place fast. His favorite place to be is under the kitchen table. :) He loves to pull himself up to standing if the object to pull himself up on is low enough, and then he gets pretty proud of himself.
His eyes are still very blue with no signs of changing yet. My other kids had blue eyes this long, but they were changing at this point so I'm wondering if he'll keep the bright blue?
 And speaking of eyes, he was diagnosed with stribismus, which is the fancy term for wandering eye (or lazy eye). Since it was caught so young (his 6 month well visit) it's not gotten too bad yet and his vision is still fine. He wears a patch on his good eye for 1 hour a day and it is the cutest thing I have ever seen! It really doesn't seem to bother him at all. We go for another check up in a few weeks to see if we can cut down to every other day depending on how his muscles are strengthened through this month. I had a list of several pediatric orthopedic Doctors and chose one at random. I was super impressed with him and his office. Later, a friend with a son who has the same problem told me he was the best in our city! I love how the Lord works out little things like that.
His looks are changing quite a bit, but he is still twinnies with Brooke, which she loves.
























Phone captures over the past few weeks...

 Happy crawler
First day with his patch
Standing at the couch and tickling big brother's foot ;)
His second fever in just 3 weeks... we all had a day like this yesterday. I think it's teething, because besides being fussy and warm, he has no other symptoms. I do garlic drops in his ears just in case it's that.

I couldn't end on that note, so here's one more of my little guy who is happy 99.9% of the time. ;)

Happy Friday, friends! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I sure hate that he wasn't feeling well, but I have to admit the crying pic was the cutest one to me. LOL I think babies are so sweet and innocent with that pucker lip when they cry!!! Garlic drops never worked for us, but onion drops did. It is a pain to cook the onion and then try to squeeze a steaming hot onion to get out the juice, though. LOL You are so lucky that the patch doesn't bother him. Amazing something so simple can help!

Ak said...

My husband had that eye issue as a child. He's totally fine now, but it took a lot of therapy through the years.

Baby boy is so cute!

Popular Posts