Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Life Changer: 15 Minutes of De-cluttering a Day

I started a 6 week weight loss/healthy living challenge almost 5 weeks ago. I'll probably do a blog post with how I ate and exercised and what my results were when it's all over, but this will be about one of the healthy habits I chose to do during these 6 weeks.


 15 minutes of decluttering a day.

 As soon as I saw it on the list of choices, I knew it was the one for me! I struggle with keep my house orderly, and honestly if you have small kids I don't know how you wouldn't struggle with that. Anyway, I knew that the push to do something extra each day was the perfect motivation for me. Plus, because the challenge is a "game" with points, if I didn't do it I would have to subtract daily points and nobody wants to do that!

 Each day, I choose a small area. A corner in my room, a closet, a drawer, laundry room shelves, even a basket of toys. Shockingly (haha) I haven't run out of an area to de-clutter yet! 

 It's super simple, even for the busiest of people.

 1) Pick an area to declutter or straighten up
 2) Set a timer for 15 minutes
 3) De-cluttter!
 4) Leave it when the timer goes off. This might be the hardest part. Whatever you're not done with, leave until the next day, so you don't get carried away. The idea is small amounts of time every day to keep it fast and easy. Slow and steady wins the race! ;)

 That's It!

 Over the weeks I've seen little areas in my house that I've been avoiding shape up, and it's so nice to open a drawer or look at a corner and see it neat and tidy. It's SO simple, but pretty much life changing!


And now I leave you with some pictures of a baby eating watermelon.




Happy Friday!

2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I have Managers of Their Homes from Titus2.com. I don't really go by it. Lol Anyway, I remember she said to set aside 30 minutes a day for decluttering and also said to completely stop and leave when the time is up. THAT is the part I would have such a hard time with. I hate leaving things halfway done! But it has to be better than completely putting it off and never having it get done. Ha!

Ak said...

That's a great idea- I could do 15 minutes per day.

Popular Posts