Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Parents + Mothers Day

Last week we had a very big surprise planned for the kids, and boy were they surprised! The doorbell rang, the dog barked, the kids ran to the door and opened it to find Nonnie and Poppy standing there! It was such a great moment and perfect surprise. Just the two of them came on their 31st wedding anniversary and it was truly a perfect week. I only wish it could have been 3 weeks! ;) We relaxed and played and ate and loved every moment!









Them being here last week meant I got to spend Mother's Day with my Mom, a dream come true. She is my inspiration, the one I call with all motherhood questions and concerns, my role model and my hero. To get to spend time with her and spoil her was such a joy! We enjoyed an amazing 3 course meal downtown that was a true culinary treat. Pat's girlfriend, Allison showed us the ropes and we got the royal treatment and it was so much fun! We tried oysters, bone marrow and ceviche along with several other amazing dishes.




Spending a whole week with my parents and getting them all to ourselves was such a treat that I hope happens again very soon. ;)

2 comments:

Ak said...

Wonderful! I love it when my parents come to visit too. It's hard when they don't live close. Glad you were able to spend Mother's Day together.

The Skinny on Staci said...

Awww. I told Jimmy the other day that I wish I could spend Mother's Day with my mom. Glad you got to!

Popular Posts