Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Summer: Full Speed Ahead!

I started this post a while ago, and I'm finally getting around to posting it.

 (First of all, I didn't want to blog without acknowledging the Little family as their beautiful, 6 year old Molly has gone to be with Jesus after close to a year long battle with DIPG. I personally know their family as Julie and I grew up together.
 If you don't know about DIPG, please familiarize yourself with it. It's a horrible disease that there is currently no cure for, and we can all take action by donating to help fund research so that a cure can be found! 
 Molly's parents and sisters--Peter, Julie, Samantha and Clara--are grieving now and it's something that they will never recover from. Their faith has been solid and it's amazing to watch them as they give God the glory through everything, but I cannot fathom the pain they are feeling now. Please keep them in your prayers. To find more information about how you can donate and see their Facebook page full of beautiful pictures and updates, please click here.)


The school year has finally wound to a close and I'm looking forward to enjoying days with the kids with no schedule. With younger kids not in school, the days all run together and are the same, but when they are school age, summer is anticipated and every free day cherished. It baffles me how parents can look forward to school starting again so the kids are gone every day and they have their "freedom" back. I mean yes, everyone needs a break from their kids now and again, but seriously? Great way to give your kids the impression that you love spending time with them....

 That's another blog post in itself that I should probably never write. ;)

 Moving on.

 I have a lot of thoughts mulling around in my head right now that I hope I will have time to turn into blog post soon. I love how God can use something small said by someone else, the line of a song, a verse in his word, or a snippet of a sermon to start a work in our hearts--if we are open to it. I'm so thankful that God doesn't just save us and then leave us to fend for ourselves. We are a constant work in progress that he is molding and making into what he would have us to be, often through ways that we don't like or understand.
 But like I said... I hope to type out my thoughts soon. :) For now, some recent pictures of our crazy, wonderful life.

The day after Mother's Day... Un-matching pjs, holes in socks, yellow lighting. It's perfectly imperfect and I cherish it.

Seeing them read thrills my heart
He's 9 months old now, pulling up to his knees on everything, smiling 80% of the time, getting ready to pop tooth number 2 and wearing his eye patch 1 hour a day for another 7 weeks. Progress has been made over this past month so we are happy for that!
Kindergarten really clicked with him the last month or so of school. I'm so thankful for God's grace this year--I shed so many tears feeling totally incapable but thanks to a lot of hard work, support from Nate and a huge dose of God's grace he passed Kindergarten! On to 1st grade!
This one keeps us on our toes. He doesn't require much sleep, has a very stubborn will and is totally independent. He's also melt-your-heart sweet and loving a lot of the time which makes him totally irresistible. ;)
His first mischievous act was committed this month. He was having fun!
Brooke with 2 of her teachers at the awards ceremony
Her end of the year project. We had so much fun working on this together, even though I probably micro managed way too much. This was a great year for her and a learning experience for us as well. We will be homeschooling this upcoming year and even though it's not easy, it's what is best for our family and what we feel the Lord wants us to do. I feel like I missed out on about 9 months of her life with her being gone 10 or more hours per day, so I'm looking forward to getting to know her again this summer. Birthday post for her coming soon as she just turned 8... what?!

The rain here has been crazy to say the least. Homes have been destroyed and several people have died--devastating to say the least. I'm thankful that the Lord has kept us safe. Each time it starts raining I think that even the Lord can't go very long without crying for sweet Molly's family.

Have a safe weekend, friends. Hug your loved ones tight.

6 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Oh I hate so much to hear that about Molly! :( We'll definitely be praying for their family! And I'm so glad that you posted. I've been wondering if your family has been involved in this terrible flooding. The kids are all over me right now, so I only got to skim your post. I will read it in full later on! :)

Ak said...

Molly's story is so heartbreaking and I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Does God cry after every child dies? If he was so upset couldn't He have performed a miracle?

Jenna said...

Anonymous,
Our human minds cannot comprehend the mind of the Lord, and that is where faith comes in. Even though the circumstances are heartbreaking, Molly's parents have shown amazing faith that God has a purpose in all of this. Molly's life had a very special purpose, it's just hard for us to see because we are human and don't know Gods plan in everything. That is why we trust and believe that his way is perfect.
Jesus wept when his friend Lazurus died, so I wouldn't be surprised if he cries when our loved ones die too.
He did perform a miracle, because Molly is healed and with Jesus and will live forever in Heaven. No other god could have done that.

Anonymous said...

I'm truly glad Molly's parents have figured out a way to deal with their grief. The child along with thousands of other children suffer and die and it's God's plan and we're just too mortal to understand! Doesn't sound too "perfect" to me.

Jenna said...

Psalms 18:30... :)
It doesn't matter how it "sounds" to us... if we believe the Bible then then that is what we know for sure.

I'm curious why you read my blog when I am very openly a Christian and Bible believer and why you are anonymous :).

Popular Posts