Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Living the Dream

This week, Nate and I celebrated 8 years of marriage.

 8 years! 

 It's hard to believe, but our 3 children bouncing around and my ever-growing belly says it's true. 8 years with my best friend. What a dream! Eight years with someone defintely has it's ups and downs but thankfully, we've had more ups than downs. I'm sure there will be many more downs and significant trials in the coming years but there is no one I would rather face them with than my man!
 When I first found out he liked me, I couldn't believe it. Actually, back up. When I first met him I said to myself "too bad I would never end up with a guy like him." Seriously you guys, this is how infatuated I was with him! I had never met anyone quite like him. So when he chose me?! I actually started crying, because it seemed so unbelievable. Those first few months I felt like I was holding my breath, waiting for it all to go wrong because it was too good to be true.
 Well, it turns out that when you live for God many things in your life seem too good to be true. God's hand is on our lives, blessing us at every turn. And no, that doesn't mean we live easy or never have rough times. It just means that we get this amazing life that our Saviour makes worth living--and then Heaven at the end!
 Talk about a dream!

 Happy Anniversary, Babe. I love you!


We are excited about celebrating the fourth this weekend as a family. We tried to make plans with family and friends but they all fell through so we took it as a sign to spend time with just each other, which I'm excited about! A small town parade in the morning, fun patriotic colored foods for dinner, and fireworks at night.

 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! We are celebrating our 8th year of marriage in November...can't believe how fast time has flown by!!! :)

Tereza said...

So loved this!! And happy anniversary!! What a sweet couple you are!!

Popular Posts