Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Randomness

It's rainy and cool here today, which is so rare for Texas. Actually, this entire summer has been super mild so far. We've reached high 90's for several days, but haven't seen 100 yet--what's up with that?! And the night's have still been gorgeous--as in, you could actually take a walk or sit outside and feel a beautiful breeze. Normally, it's 97 degrees and humid still at 8:00pm, so this has been such a nice, refreshing break!

A little Friday randomness for you...


Is it normal to find your 2 year old like this? Sitting in your sink, pumping the soap bottle and happily saying "bubbles! bubbles!"? Do all 2 year olds behave like this?


Brooke and I started a fun little project that is teaching her how to sew by hand. I am the worst seamstress ever, but I do know basic skills and want her to learn. A while ago, one of my sisters got her a kit to make a little princess doll. We started on it and it will be fun for her to have the finished product with the satisfaction that she made it!

We have not been to the library enough this year, but we finally went the other day. I can't believe I have a child going into second grade that is loving the books I did when I was that age! She's started into the American Girl series and reads a little at night before bed, just like her Mommy used to do.

Books are too boring for him when you can climb and stand on windowsills. Have I mentioned this child climbs on  everything and jumps off of everything?! He has no fear whatsoever, something he did not get from me. I'm a scaredy cat.


I love finding my childhood classics to read to my kids! Do you guys remember any of these?

Someone started sleeping in a big boy bed this week, but it didn't go over too well at first. At not even 2.5, he's my youngest by far to be in a bed. I usually don't let them out of the crib until after 3, but it just felt like it was time. Not to mention the small fact that he was taking off his diaper in his crib and peeing out through the slats. So yeah, there was that.
After hugs and snuggles from daddy...

...All was well! His little feet did come pattering down the stairs at about 4am yelling "GUYS! IT'S DARK! GUYS! IT'S DARK!" A few snuggles later, he was tucked back in by daddy and has done great ever since.

Speaking of books, remember Corduroy? That was a favorite for sure. The corduroy bear that quotes the whole story in the cutest voice ever has resurfaced recently and they will sit and play it over and over. Quiet time abounds.
 And speaking of quiet time, them laying there together, her reading to him, amidst their toy "House" (because obviously that's not a mess) was the sweetest thing ever. 

Have you seen the newest style? Diaper and a blow up Dollar Tree lifejacket. You're welcome. When you catch on, you have Nathan to thank for setting the newest trend.

Happy Friday!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Joe is getting SO big!! And we just transitioned my just turned 2 year old into a big boy bed and thankfully, it wasn't terribly traumatic. He was very unsure and insecure the first night but after that, he was fine. Praise the Lord! I think transitions are harder on US than on them! :) Oh, and you are brave to take all of them to the library. That is something I have NOT yet had the courage to do...someday, maybe. :)

Popular Posts