Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Childhood Friendship

Is anyone else feeling summer crunch time? This summer is going so fast and I feel like there are so many things I want to do before it ends! We don't have a big summer "bucket list" or anything like that, but we do have a few things we still want to do with the kids--visit the zoo, go bowling, go on a photo treasure hunt and complete a few projects around the house. And by complete a few projects around the house, I of course mean putting my dear husband to work. ;)

This week, however, was kind of like a stay-cation for all of us. One of my best girls who lives a quick 8 hours up the road ;), stopped by for a visit. I finished all of my photo editing before she got here so I  could totally enjoy the week without the nagging thought of needing to work.


 A lifelong, childhood friend is something that I have grown to cherish and hold close the older I get. I have so many wonderful friends that I've grown close to since I got married, and I'm thankful for each one of them. But there is something comforting and reassuring about someone you've been best friends with for 20+ years. We stay in constant contact, no matter the miles, and when we see each other again it's like we never left. The talks were long, the sleep was short, the coffee was strong and the shopping was frequent. Just the way it should be with friends. No need for schedules or entertaining--just picking up where we left off, talking, cooking, cleaning up, swimming, shopping and caring for our babies.

We visited a store that I'm not sure how on earth I missed over the past 8 years of living here. This crossover bag had to come home with me!



I don't think we stopped talking for a second when she was here. We both cried when she left, mainly because of the reason I wrote about earlier--that childhood friendship is like none other, and you don't realize how much you miss it until you experience it again. However I am so thankful for the times we do get to spend together, even though they are few and far between!

0 comments:

Popular Posts