Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mini Summer Vacation

We knew we weren't going to take a summer vacation this year because of our anniversary trip this spring, but we wanted to do something small with the kids that would be a special memory for them. We found a resort close to home that was very reasonably priced and packed up the ridiculous amount of stuff that a family of 5 needs for 2 days. 

 We had a cookout/pool party for Father's Day with family on Friday night, so we ate at Nate's favorite Mexican resturuant after church on Sunday and then headed to the gorgeous resort on the lake. The kids were literally bouncing on the walls they were so excited!
 For the next few days, we enjoyed lots of fun in the sun, piled on the bed at night for a movie and spent truly quality time together. It was so much fun and the time really went by slow, which was perfect since our time was so short!


Father's Day--no words to describe how thankful I am for this man and the thoughtful, caring, fun, consistent dad he is to our children. They all are so attatched to their daddy, and there is no one else I would rather be my kid's hero!

Baby brother makes a good head rest ;)

Yes-jumping on hotel beds is a must

This is how they pose for me. Seriously?!

This. Slide. We were really lucky to have the whole place almost to ourselves and the slide was a hit for all 3 of the kids. Or should I say all 4--cause I went down a bunch too ;).

Lunch in our room after hours and hours of swimming. Of course I brought enough groceries to last a week!

Shopping and ice cream on an absolutely gorgeous night!


Relaxing and watching a movie ;)

The spectacular view from our room. Nathan kept wanting to "go in that pool".

A cozy hotel nap


Like I said, we had almost the whole place to ourselves most of the time. The kids loved that they could touch the bottom in most places, and Brooke was able to practice swimming a lot!

What can I say... we had so much fun and I hope it's something the kids will remember for a long time. The great thing about teaching kids to be thankful is that it doesn't take much for them to be ecstatic about something simple and say "thank you Mommy and Daddy!" over and over. A hotel room, kids sleeping on a rollaway bed and the floor, cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch eaten while sitting on the floor, pool time and an ice cream cone and they were over the moon. I am so, so grateful for my husband who is my best friend and my kids who make me so grateful to be a Mom. It was such an enjoyable few days!
 Summer seems to be flying, but we're doing our best to make memories in the few months we have left before school starts back up again! 
 I will leave you with a crazy family selfie. Look at Nate and Brooke--they are twins! 
 Have a great week, friends!


0 comments:

Popular Posts